Bigomet 500 Mg
What Is Bigomet 500?
Bigomet 500mg is a medicine that helps in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus, controls blood sugar level and consequently prevents severe complications of diabetes. Bigomet 500 mg also helps to treat menstruation-related complications, such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(PCOS) in women.
The medicine is also considered best to be taken with food in order to avoid nausea and abdominal pain. For best results, it is necessary to consume the medicine every day and that too at a regular interval of time. Do not alter the dose of the medicine without consulting with your doctor.
While dealing with diabetes, along with the medication, your lifestyle also plays an important role in its treatment. Changes in lifestyle, such as diet plan, regular exercise, quality sleep, are also that important as medicine. In case you have any confusion with the lifestyle, consult with your doctor. He will help you to know what is best for you and at what time. You just need to follow his instructions.
Usually, there are no such side effects seen till now, but in case you start to consume the medicine without knowing about the instructions of the doctor, you may experience some common side effects. It includes nausea, vomiting, change in taste, diarrhoea abdominal pain, and loss of appetite.
As Bigomet 500 works on the blood sugar and may work on some organs related to it. Thus, it is good to inform the doctor if you have any kidney, liver, or heart problems. Women planning to have a baby or breastfeeding women also need to consult with the doctor about it. Even your doctor will check your kidney function before starting your treatment with Bigomet.
What Is Bigomet 500mg Used For?
Bigomet 500 Mg belongs to the biguanides class of medicine that works in lowering the glucose of sugar from the intestine, which consequently increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The fundamental way of controlling diabetes is to lower the level of blood glucose. It is a chronic condition that affects the production of blood sugar(glucose) either by not producing enough insulin or by resisting insulin.
It includes frequent urination, increases in thirst, hunger, fatigue, and blurred vision. But in some cases of type 2 diabetes mellitus, the person may not feel any of its symptoms. Its treatment includes diet, exercise, medication, and insulin therapy.
Bigomet 500 helps in controlling the level of glucose in human blood which reduces the risk of getting some of the complications of diabetes, such as kidney damage, eye damage, nerve problems, and loss of limbs. Consuming Bigomet 500mg regularly along with proper diet, exercise, and sleep will help you to live every day and healthy life.
About The Manufacturer Of Bigomet 500 mg?
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, a consistently faster-growing company than the Indian Pharma Market, manufactures Bigomet 500. The company provides a service of healing hands in order to support the medical profession for preserving good health. This has become the driving force behind ARISTO since 1971.
The company has the vision to recognize as an integrated healthcare provider with global footprints in order to achieve this through a relentless commitment and excellence in every aspect of the business. Its mission is to make quality healthcare accessible to all.
Aristo Pharmaceuticals has remained self-reliant, which can be noticed throughout the company’s value chain. Simultaneously, the company has always been ready to integrate seamlessly. The company remains committed to upgrading its knowledge, expertise and technology for the cause of health. It is determined to ceaselessly explore avenues that will promote and preserve good health.
Strengths Of Bigomet 500mg?
The term Bigomet 500 mg means the medicine with a brand name Bigomet has 500mg of Metformin in its one tablet. Thus, here the strength of Bigomet is 500mg. Apart from this, the medicine is available in various other strengths so that people can use it according to their severity, such as:-
- Bigomet 250 mg
- Bigomet 500 mg
- Bigomet-SR 500mg
- Bigomet 850mg
- Bigomet-SR 1000mg
- Bigomet M (Metformin-500mg+Methylcobalamin-750mg)
Possible Side Effects Of Bigomet 500 mg?
In addition to the necessary effects, Bigomet 500 may also provide you with some unwanted effects called side effects that may require medical attention. But this can only happen if you consume the medicine without following the prescribed instructions and those effects are:-
- Feeling uncomfortable in the abdominal or stomach
- A decrease in the appetite
- Uncertain breathing
- Fever or chills
- A general feeling of discomfort
- Pain in the lower back or in the side
- Pain in muscle or cramping
- Painful or difficulty while urination
- Blurred vision
- Feeling discomfort in the chest
- Cold sweats
- Cool, pale skin
- Difficult while breathing
- Fast, irregular, pounding or racing heartbeat
- A feeling of warmth
- Increased in hunger
- Increase in sweating
- Redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- Slurred speech
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Behaviour change similar to being drunk
- Difficulty with concentrating
- Lack or loss of strength
- Restless sleep
- Unusual sleepiness
Some of the side effects may get resolved with time and sometimes don’t require any medical attention. Your doctor will tell you about all such side effects, such as:-
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excess air or gas in the stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may taste metallic in the mouth
- Passing of gas
- Pain in stomach
- Stomach upset or pain
- Loss of weight
- Abnormal stools
- Bad or unpleasant (after) taste
- Your taste may change
- Difficulty while moving
- Discolouration of the fingernails or toenails
- Flu-like symptoms
- Pain in the joints
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Swollen joints
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Bigomet 500mg?
There are a total of 341 medicines that show major to minor interactions with the Bigomet(Metformin) 500, but the most common ones are as follows:-
- Aspir 81 (aspirin)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Clomid (clomiphene)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Januvia (sitagliptin)
- Lantus (insulin glargine)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vitamins (multivitamin)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Bigomet 500 mg?
Four known diseases show interactions with Bigomet 500, such as:-
- Lactic acidosis
- Cardiovascular risk
- B-12 deficiency
How To Consume Bigomet 500 mg?
Consume Bigomet 500 as prescribed by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break the medicine just swallow the drug orally with a glass of water. You can consume the drug with food. Just consuming medicine will not be that helpful. You need to make changes to your daily lifestyle as well, such as proper diet, regular exercise and regular monitoring of blood sugar level. Avoid consuming alcohol with Bigomet 500mg as it may increase the risk of unwanted side effects.
Precautions While Consuming Bigomet 500mg?
Usually, Bigomet 500mg does not show any side effects only if you consume it as directed by the doctor. You may start to experience unwanted side effects once you start consuming the medicine without keeping such precautions in mind, such as:-
- Do not consume Bigomet 500 in case you are allergic to Metformin, any other biguanides, or inactive ingredients present along with the formulation.
- People suffering from metabolic acidosis should not consume Bigomet 50 mg as it may worsen the patient’s condition.
- In case you are suffering from severe impairment of kidney function do not consume Bigomet 500mg as it may increase the risk of serious adverse effects.
- Bigomet 500 mg should be used by women who are expecting to have a baby. In case you fall under this category, do consult with the doctor before consuming it.
- Not only for pregnant women, but breastfeeding women should also avoid consuming Bigomet 500. Consult with the doctor before consuming the medicine.
- Bigomet 500 mg may cause lactic acidosis, and in some cases, it can be fatal, especially in people suffering from heart disease, kidney disease, etc. In case you feel any unusual symptoms do consult with the doctor immediately.
- The medicine should not be used in people with a history of kidney disease as it can worsen the condition. In such a case, inform the doctor he may help you out with some other alternative or substitute of the medicine.
- People with stress, such as fever, trauma, surgeries, or accidents, should avoid Bigomet 500 because the drug will not be that effective in controlling blood sugar(glucose).
- The medicine is not that effective in patients who have Type I diabetes. Thus, it is better for people with such diseases to avoid Bigomet 500mg.
- Bigomet 500 may result in diarrhoea and in most cases, diarrhoea subsides by itself. In such cases, therapy with this medicine should be avoided.
- People with vitamin B12 deficiency should carefully use Bigomet 500mg as it may deteriorate the condition. In some cases, appropriate vitamin B12 supplementation and dose adjustment may be required.
- Go through the list of disease and drug interactions that happens with Bigomet 500 mg.
What To Do In The Case Of Overdose Of The Medicine?
If you experience any of the overdose symptoms, such as dizziness, nausea, headache, decrease in appetite, fever or chills, etc., search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Bigomet 500 Mg
Keep Bigomet 500mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.
Is It Essential To Have A Prescription To Buy Bigomet 500mg?
Yes, a legitimate prescription by a certified doctor is essential to buy Bigomet 500 or any other drug from For Daily Medicine.