- Posted: October 06, 2020Categories: CancerRead more »
Do you have lumps in your breast? Does it mean you have breast cancer? This is the first thought most women have as soon as they feel lumps or some changes in their breasts. Fortunately, most breast lumps are non-cancerous or benign. Not only women, but men can also develop benign breast lumps. This condition is referred to as benign breast disease. While these breast changes are not cancerous or fatal, they may increase your risk of getting breast cancer later in life.
- Posted: October 03, 2020Categories: General HealthKlinefelter syndrome (often referred to as Klinefelter's, KS or XXY) is a sex chromosome disorder in which boys are born with an extra X chromosome. Chromosomes are bundles of genes present in each cell of the body. There are two types of chromosomes, known as the sex chromosomes, that specify the genetic sex of a baby. These are designated as either X or Y. Typically, a female baby has 2-X chromosomes (XX), and a male has 1-X and 1 Y (XY). However, in Klinefelter syndrome, a boy is born with an additional X chromosome. The X chromosome is NOT a "female" chromosome, and is found in both girls and boys. Although, the presence of a Y chromosome indicates male sex.Read more »
- Posted: September 28, 2020Categories: Mental HealthRead more »
According to the American Psychological Association, in 1999 only 7.7% of the population used to take antidepressants, but the percentage got increased to 64% by the end of the year 2014. When we talk about gender, the percentage of women taking antidepressants is double the percentage of men consuming antidepressants. Antidepressants are used by almost every age groups, such as 16.6% of the people of age between 40 to 60, 7.8% of people with the age of 20 to 39, and even 3.4% of adolescents also use antidepressants. But what are these antidepressants? Why are they used? Antidepressants are a type of drugs that helps in the treatment of major depression disorders, anxiety disorders, chronic pain conditions, and also some other additional complications. There are various types of antidepressants available in the market but finding the right one for you might take time.
- Posted: September 26, 2020Categories: General HealthRead more »
There are sharp differences between men and women, and diseases are no exception. Several conditions are increasingly more common in men than women. For example, men are prone to nearly all types of cancer due to their habits and lifestyle preferences. In this blog, you will come across the names and details of those diseases that mainly affect men. As prevention is better than cure, know about the conditions that can affect you and try to minimize your risk.
- Posted: September 23, 2020Categories: CoronavirusRead more »
The global pandemic has changed the entire way of living. Remember, the good old days when we can head towards the grocery store anytime on a whim or craving? We used to enjoy shopping for groceries and other household items before, but now it has become a stressful task. You may have several questions on your mind, such as: Should I wear gloves? Can I use reusable bags? Do I need to disinfect all the purchased items? How can I stay safe while touching products in the store?