Cernos 40 Mg Soft Gelatin Capsule
What Is Cernos 40 mg?
Cernos 40 is a testosterone undecanoate soft gelatin capsules that help in treating male hypogonadism. It is a condition in which the level of testosterone decreases because the body is unable to produce a sufficient amount of hormone. It results in a decrease in the level of masculine growth and development at the time of puberty.
This medicine is always prescribed for men who are suffering from such a medical condition. Cernos 40 helps in restoring the level of testosterone to a sufficient amount. Such medicines should be taken as per the direction of the doctor and at the regular interval of time for the best results.
Do not decide the dose on your own because the amount of medicine required depends on the level of testosterone present in your body. The necessary amount of testosterone by your body determines the actual dose of Cernos 40mg. Your doctor can easily understand this. Thus, always consult with your doctor before consuming the medicine.
Usually, the medicine does not show any side effects, but the most common ones that may occur due to improper use, such as pain in legs and dizziness. In case these side effects start to bother you severely, inform the doctor. It is recommended to tell your doctor in case you have high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke. The doctor may suggest to go for regular blood tests in order to monitor the level of testosterone and prostate-specific antigen(PSA) levels.
What Is Cernos 40mg Used For?
Cernos 40 helps in maintaining the sufficient amount of testosterone level in men suffering from conditions, such as:-
- Male hypogonadism: It is a condition in which the gonads like testes in men fails to function properly, and as a result, the body is unable to produce the sufficient amount of testosterone, especially during puberty. This causes a problem in the growth of masculine growth and development. Cernos 40mg contains testosterone that helps to increase male hormone(testosterone) in men who are deficient with it. The medicine boosts the male hormone and consequently prevents complications that occur during the growth of masculine growth and development.
Who Manufactures Cernos 40 mg?
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures Cernos 40. It has a headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra that manufactures and sells pharmaceutical products and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) primarily in both India and the United States.
The company has a manufacturing operation that focuses on manufacturing generics, branded generics, speciality, over the counter(OTC) products, antiretrovirals(ARVs), Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients(APIs), and intermediates in their full range of products. Sun Pharmaceutical has highly skilled employees of regulatory affairs specialists who are well versed with regulatory policies and procedures.
A wide range of regulatory agencies routinely conducts stringent audits of our manufacturing facilities for compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP).
Strengths Of Cernos 40mg
Here Cernos has a strength of 40mg that means the medicine has 40 mg of testosterone in its one tablet. The medicine is manufactured in different forms and strengths so that it can be used according to the severity of the patient, such as:-
- Cernos 100 mg Injection
- Cernos Depot Injection 1000mg
- Cernos Gel 1% w/w
- Cernos 40mg
Possible Side effects Of Cernos 40
Along with some necessary effects, the medicine may cause some unwanted side effects. But it is not essential that all the mentioned side effects will occur. The occurrence of side effects depends on th way of consuming it. No side effects will occur if you consume the medicine correctly, but the risk of side effects increases when you consume the medicine incorrectly.
- Swelling, redness, and pain in the arms or legs
- Difficulty while breathing
Some side effects may not require immediate medical attention. Such side effects can either get resolved with the end of the treatment or can be resolved with mild medication, such as:-
- Gum or mouth irritation
- Bad, unusual, or unpleasant (after) taste
- bleeding gums
- blemishes on the skin
- breast pain
- change in taste
- dry mouth
- enlarged breasts
- fear or nervousness
- feeling sad or empty
- gum pain or blisters
- itching skin
- loss of appetite
- loss of interest or pleasure
- lower back or side pain
- mouth ulcers
- noisy breathing
- painful or difficult urination
- passing of gas
- pounding in the ears
- quick to react or overreact emotionally
- rapidly changing moods
- redness and swelling of the gums
- slow or fast heartbeat
- stinging of the lips
- stomach cramps, pain, fullness, or discomfort
- swelling of the gums
- swelling of the nose
- trouble concentrating
- trouble sleeping
- unusual tiredness or weakness
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Cernos 40mg?
There is a total of 143 medicines that show interactions with Cernos 40mg, but the most common ones are as follows:-
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- Clomid (clomiphene)
- CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- HCG (chorionic gonadotropin)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Viagra (sildenafil)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Winstrol (stanozolol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Cernos 40 mg?
There are a total of 11 diseases that show interactions with Cernos 40, such as:-
- Carcinoma (male)
- Fluid retention
- Hypercalcemia in breast cancer
- Liver disease
- Suppression of clotting factors
- Renal/liver disease
- Thyroid function tests
How To Consume Cernos 40mg?
Try to follow the instruction as prescribed by the doctor, do not alter the dose on your own. It is recommended to swallow the medicine entirely without crushing or chewing along with water. Cernos 40 is usually asked to consume it with food.
Consult with the doctor in case you face any undesirable side effects. Make sure that the course of the medicine is completed in order to treat the complication completely.
Precautions While Consuming Cernos 40 mg
There are some things that you need to keep in mind while consuming Cernos 40 in order to avoid any unnecessary side effects, such as:-
- If you are allergic to testosterone, inform your doctor. The doctor may prescribe you with some other alternative to treat male hypogonadism.
- Cernos 40 is not recommended for men who have breast cancer.
- Men who have a history of prostate cancer should not take Cernos 40 mg.
- The medicine is usually for the use of men, and it is consequently not recommended for the use in pregnant women and also for women who are planning for breast-feeding.
- Cernos 40mg is not suitable for geriatric patients as it increases the risk of prostate cancer. The doctor may prescribe you with some other alternative of Cernos 40 mg.
- Cernos 40mg increases the pressure of blood flow due to the increase in the level of testosterone. Thus people with high blood pressure or who have a history of any heart disease need to use Cernos 40 carefully.
- People with a history of polycythemia (increase in the count of red blood cells) should consume Cernos 40 mg with cautions due to an increase in the risk of worsening of the patient’s condition. In such cases, the doctor may ask for close and regular monitoring of haemoglobin and hematocrit level. The dose of the treatment is based on the severity and condition of these tests.
- Men with a history of hypercalcemia(increased blood calcium level), hyperparathyroidism(overproduction of parathyroid hormone in the body) or kidney dysfunction because of the increased risk of worsening of the patient’s condition. In such a condition, the doctor may ask you to monitor the level of calcium.
- Avoid testosterone abuse. Do not consume the drug in a higher quantity in order to increase the level of testosterone. Excess of anything is bad even the testosterone.
What To Do In Case Of Overdose Of The Medicine?
Overdose of Cernos 40 can lead to signs and symptoms, such as:-
- Blurred vision
- slurred speech
- sudden and severe inability to speak
- temporary blindness
- weakness on one side of the arm or leg of the body, sudden and severe
If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Cernos 40 Mg
Keep Cernos 40 in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.