Dizone 250 Mg
What Is Dizone 250mg?
Dizone 250 is a medicine that helps in the treatment of alcohol addiction by producing interactions with alcohol. It may result in unpleasant symptoms, such as nausea, flushing of the face, headaches. It was thereby discouraging the patient from consuming more alcohol.
Always consume medicine according to the doctor’s prescription. There is no harm in taking medicine with or without food. Do not skip any dose and try to complete the full course of the medicine. Consult with the doctor before making any alteration in the dosage. Remember to avoid consuming alcohol in any form like beer, wine, aftershave lotion, mouthwash, or any liquid medication containing alcohol while consuming Dizone 250.
The medicine can result in headache, fatigue, dizziness, and sleepiness. Therefore, avoid certain activities after consuming Dizone, such as driving and things that require mental focus. Make sure you consume the drug only after consulting with the doctor. Apart from consuming the medicine, it is imporatnt for you to make up your mind with strong will power for not consuming things containing alcohol content.
What Is Dizone 250 Mg Used For?
The medicine, Dizone 250 helps alcohol-dependent people from getting addicted to it, such as:-
- Alcohol addiction: People who are addicted to drinking alcohol and find difficult not to live without drinking alcohol can harm themselves because of such addiction. Such people may end up having severe health complications, such as ulcers, diabetes, severe liver damage, sexual dysfunction, low immunity. Dizone 250mg helps such alcohol-dependent people from getting such severe complications. The medicine helps in the treatment of chronic alcoholism or alcohol dependence caused because of uncontrolled long-term consumption of alcohol.
Who Manufactures Dizone 250mg?
Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd formed in 1991 manufactures Dizone 250mg. The company has its name, OZONE from the layer of atmosphere that contains oxygen all around it. It was started with a knee desire and aspiration to serve humanity by providing quality medication. The company consists of two ultramodern and high-tech manufacturing units in different parts of India, such as Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, Guwahati, Assam.
The company manufactures pharmaceutical products for different areas of human health, such as Pain Management, Nutritional supplement, Vascular Management, Chronic Diseases, Cardiac, Diabetes, and Hemostats. The mission of Ozone is to adopt the ideology of the ozone group, promising to act as a protective shield against the harmful elements with a healing touch. Oxone Pharmaceutical Ltd adds a vision of adding years to life and life to years. The company has two manufacturing units in which 1000+ employees are serving humanity by manufacturing 1500+ products.
Strength Of Dizone 250 Mg?
The medicine Dizone 250 mg has a brand name Dizone with a strength of 250mg. It means one tablet of Dizone contains 250mg of Disulfiram. The medicine is available in various other strengths so that it can be used according to the severity of the patient, such as:-
- Dizone 250mg
- DIzone 500mg
Possible Side Effects of Dizone 250mg
Along with the necessary effects of the medicine, there are some other unwanted side effects that may occur if you start consuming the medicine without following the prescribed instructions of the doctor. It is not necessary that all of these side effects will occur, but if they do, they might need medical attention. The following side effects are as follows:-
- Eye pain or tenderness or any change in vision
- Mood or mental changes
- Numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet
- Darkening of urine
- Light grey-coloured stools
- Severe stomach pain
- Yellow eyes or skin
Some unwanted side effects do not require extra medical attention. They usually get resolved with time or by the end of the treatment. Your doctor will tell you about it once you will have a discussion regarding the treatment plan. But still, inform your doctor if any of the mentioned side effects continue to bother you for a long period of time. Such side effects include:-
Less common or rare
- Decreased sexual ability in males
- Metallic or garlic-like taste in the mouth
- Skin rash
- Unusual tiredness
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Dizone 250mg?
There are a total of 171 drugs that show interaction with the Disulfiram, which are categorised as:-
- 14 major drug interactions
- 142 drugs show moderate interactions
- 15 drugs have minor interactions
Out of all these, the most common and frequent drugs that interact with Dizone(Disulfiram) are:-
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim)
- Celexa (citalopram)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flagyl (metronidazole)
- Flomax (tamsulosin)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Latuda (lurasidone)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lithium Carbonate ER (lithium)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Prozac (fluoxetine)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
- Zofran (ondansetron)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Dizone(Disulfiram)?
There are a total of 5 diseases that interact with Disulfiram, such as:-
- Alcohol intoxication
- Cardiac disease
- Disulfiram reaction
How To Consume Dizone 250mg?
Always consult with the doctor before consuming the medicines and follow their instructions. Try to swallow the medicine as a whole without crushing, chewing, or breaking it inside the moth itself. There is no complication in consuming the medicine with or without food, but it is better to take it on the regular interval of time.
Do not overdose with the medicine or skip any dose. Try to complete the full course of the medicine as directed by the doctor. Do not alter the dose or stop your course without consulting the doctor. In case you are allergic to Disulfiram, consult with your doctor. He may suggest you with some other alternative of the medicine.
Precautions While Consuming Dizone 250mg?
In order to avoid unwanted side effects caused by the Dizone 250, try to keep the following points in mind, such as:-
- In case you are allergic to Disulfiram, inform your doctor immediately. He may prescribe you with some other alternative of Dizone 250 mg.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages or anything that contains alcohol content from at least 12 hours from starting the therapy with Dizone 250mg until the completion of the treatment. Drinking alcohol, along with Dizone 250mg, may cause unwanted severe side effects.
- The medicine is not recommended for women who are expecting to have a baby. Even if you find the need to consume the drug, consult with the doctor first before doing so.
- Dizone 250 is not meant for women who are planning to breastfeed their children. Discuss this with your doctor if you fall under this condition and think of consuming Dizone 250 mg.
- The drug, Dizone 250mg causes dizziness or drowsiness. Therefore, avoid operating any machine that requires high mental alertness after consuming Dizone 250mg.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include loss of consciousness, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, increased pulse rate, sudden headache, and slurring speech.
In case you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Dizone 250Mg
Keep Dizone 250 in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.