Enapril 10 Mg
What Is Enapril 10 Mg?
Enapril 10 Mg Tablet belongs to a beta-blocker class of medicine that lowers the cholesterol level reducing the risk of heart disease, prevents migraine, decreases anxiety, and portal hypertension. Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is developed in the blood vessels and causes the narrowing of the nerves that consequently lead to a heart attack or stroke.
Enalapril is one of the widely prescribed medicines, which is also recommended safe to use, even for an extended period of time. It is necessary to consume the medicine with an empty stomach. It is also essential to take it at a regular interval of time.
In most of the cases, Enalapril 10 is recommended to consume for a longer period of time because the cholesterol level increases unknowingly. This medicine does not let the cholesterol increase in your blood and prevents the risk of high blood pressure, and some types of abnormal heartbeat(arrhythmia).
While consuming this medicine, it is essential to check your cholesterol level regularly. Remember, this medicine is always a part of the treatment, which also includes a healthy diet, regular exercise, and avoids consuming too much alcohol and smoking.
What Is Enapril 10 Mg Used For?
The medicine helps in the treatment of following medical complications, such as:-
- Heart Attack Prevention: Enalapril 10 prevents the development of cholesterol level in the body. This action of the medicine is a beneficial effect. Cholesterol deposition in the blood vessel can resist the flow of blood through the vessels. This will automatically create a problem in circulating blood and can increase pressure on the heart. In case, such conditions are left untreated, the pressure on the heart will continue to increase and can further lead to heart failure or any other heart disease.
- Hypertension: It is a condition in which the flow of blood increases in the blood vessels creating pressure on the walls of the vessels. This resists the flow of blood through the blood vessels and increases pressure on the heart for pumping blood. Enalapril smoothens the blood vessels, which reduces the resistance to the flow of blood and consequently show a drop in the blood pressure.
- Prevents Angina: It is a condition that occurs because of the lack of sufficient blood flow to the heart. This lack of blood supply happens when the flow of blood starts to experience resistance. Enalapril reduces this resistance and lets the blood flow to the heart.
- Prevents Migraine: Migraine is a type of headache of the various intensity often accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Sometimes headache occurs because of insufficient flow of oxygenated blood through the nerves of the brain. Enalapril helps the blood to flow smoothly to the nervous system and reduces the risk of migraine.
About The Manufacturers Of Enapril 10 Mg
Intas Pharmaceuticals, a leading vertically integrated global pharmaceutical formulation manufactures Enalapril 10. The company is committed to challenging the unmet medical and social needs through a comprehensive pharmaceutical value chain all over the world.
Intas Pharmaceuticals believes in empowering humanity. However, it tries to fulfil the corporate vision and aims to acquire and retain the best talent across the industry to fulfill the needs of the people.
The company has a vision- “To continually set new benchmarks in the global market with power of human expertise, innovative research and advanced technology”. Its mission is to contribute towards better healthcare through innovation and maximizes the value for our stakeholders and customers.
Strengths of Enapril 10 Mg
The strength of the Enapril 10 Mg means the medicine contains 10mg of Enalapril Maleate in one tablet. This 10mg is called the strength of the medicine. Enalapril is available in different strengths for different cases of high cholesterol, such as:-
- Enapril 10 Mg
Possible Side-Effects Of Enapril 10 Mg
Along with the needed effects, the drug may also show some of the side effects only if you don’t consume it as directed or in an incorrect way, such as:-
Incidence not known
- Confusion about identity, place, and time
- cracks in the skin
- decreased awareness or responsiveness
- decreased urine output
- difficulty with swallowing
- dilated neck veins
- disturbed colour perception
- hair loss
- halos around lights
- heavier menstrual periods
- Abdominal or stomach pain and tenderness
- black, tarry stools
- blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- blood in the urine
- bloody nose
- bloody stools
- irregular breathing
- lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- loss of heat from the body
- extreme fatigue
- fast, pounding, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- fever and chills
- A general feeling of discomfort, illness, or weakness
- mental depression
- mimicry of speech or movements
- muscle or joint pain
- blurred or loss of vision
- body aches or pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- chest pain or discomfort
- night blindness
- noisy breathing
- The overbright appearance of lights
- quick to react or overreact emotionally
- rapidly changing moods
- rectal bleeding
- red skin lesions, often with a purple centre
- red, irritated eyes
- red, swollen skin
- You may experience reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- runny nose
- scaly skin
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- swolen eyes, face, fingers, feet, or lower legs
- swelling in the glands
- tender, swollen glands in the neck
- Chest tightness
- vision complications
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Difficulty while seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- severe sleepiness
- temporary memory loss
- skin irritation or rash, including a rash that looks like psoriasis
- voice changes
- weight gain
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Enapril 10 Mg?
There are a total of 511 drugs that interact with some drugs that show interactions with Enapril 10 Mg, such as:-
- Abilify (aripiprazole)
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Prozac (fluoxetine)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Enapril 10 Mg?
Some of the diseases also show some severe intersection with medicine, such as:-
- bradyarrhythmia/AV block
- cardiogenic shock/hypotension
- ischemic heart disease
- liver disease
- cerebrovascular insufficiency
- hyperthyroidism PKs
- myasthenia gravis
- Prinzmetal's variant angina
- renal impairment
- More about Enalapril Maleate
How To Consume Enapril 10 Mg?
Go through the description(guide) provided by the medicine or if provided by your doctor before you start consuming the drug, and each time you refill it. In case you have any further questions, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Take the medication orally as directed by your doctor, with an empty stomach. But generally, the drug is consumed at regular intervals.
The dose of the medicine is based on the medical complication, age, and response to treatment. For children, the dose is set according to their weight. Older people usually start with a lower dose in order to reduce the risk of severe side effects. Do not increase your dose or consume more than directed.
Consume Enapril 10 Mg regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To remember easily, consume it at the same time(s) of the day as directed. It is essential to continue consuming the drug even if you feel well. Many people who have a high level of cholesterol do not feel sick.
Sucralfate, cholestyramine, and colestipol may decrease the absorption of furosemide. In case you are taking any of these drugs, separate the timing of each dose from furosemide by at least 2 hours.
Inform the doctor in case your condition does not improve or if it worsens, such as the blood pressure readings remain high or increase.
Precautions while consuming Enapril 10 Mg
In order to avoid any side effects, it is better to consume the medicine with some precautions, keeping some points in mind, such as:-
- Do not consume the medicine if you are allergic to Enalapril Maleate. Please consult with the doctor. He might give you some other alternative to the drug.
- Enalapril 10 is not recommended for use if you are expecting a baby or breast-feeding.
- The medicine may result in loss of memory, forgetfulness, confusion, etc. Cognitive impairment is one of the side effects that can be reversed and usually disappears once the medication is discontinued.
- Enapril 10 Mg may alter the level of sugar in your blood, especially in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus. Close monitoring of the blood sugar level regularly is very necessary while consuming Enalapril 10.
- Do not change or alter the dose of the medicine o your own; it can be dangerous.
- You should not use this medicine for treating asthma, uneven heart pain, or any serious heart complications.
- Enapril 10 Mg if consumed improperly can result in muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in few people, and this can be fatal. They may start experiencing symptoms, such as severe tiredness and weakness. Such risks are common in older adults. In case you find any unusual symptoms, report to the doctor immediately.
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Enalapril 10, as it may cause muscle breakdown, kidney or liver injury. Hence, do not consume alcohol with Enapril 10 Mg.
- The medicine is not for children younger than six years as no study has approved it.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include hypertension or hypotension, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and can also be fatal.
If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Enapril 10 Mg
Keep Enapril 10 Mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.
Is it essential to have a prescription to buy Enapril 10 Mg?
Yes, a legitimate prescription by a certified doctor is essential to buy Enapril 10 Mg or any other drug from For Daily Medicine.