Ivecop 6 Mg
About Ivecop 6 Mg
Ivecop 6 Mg is a medicine that contains an antiparasitic agent used in the treatment of worm infection in the intestine and skin. It also cures specific parasitic roundworm infections.
Ivecop is a brand name, and its generic(salt) name is known as Ivermectin. It also improves your life quality by treating parasitic infection. People with a weak immune system can find this medicine helpful as it treats roundworm infection and reduces the risk of having a severe or life-threatening infection.
Ivecop(Ivermectin) belongs to an anthelmintics group of medicine that works by paralyzing and killing parasites. Menarini India Pvt manufactures it. Ltd. established in 1886.
People with severe river blindness may be prescribed with a corticosteroid(a cortisone-like drug) in order to reduce the inflammation caused by the death of worms. If the doctor has suggested you both of these medicines be careful while consuming it, have it as directed by the doctor.
But the Ivecop 6 Mg is recommended to be consumed as a single dose on an empty stomach along with a full glass of water just one hour before breakfast unless otherwise directed by the doctor.
What is Ivecop 6 Mg used for?
Ivecop 6 Mg is used to treat worm infections, river blindness(onchocerciasis), and some types of diarrhoea (strongyloidiasis). Its usage is explained further below:-
- River blindness(onchocerciasis): It is a type of parasitic tropical disease affecting the skin which is caused due to infection spread by a parasitic worm known as Onchocerca volvulus through the bite of black flies. Its symptoms include severe itching, bumps under the skin, and blindness.
It is also known as river blindness and is considered the second-most common cause of blindness because of infection, after trachoma.
- Strongyloidiasis: It is a type of disease caused because of nematode or a roundworm in the genus Strongyloides. Strongyloides is the primary species among the 40 species within the genus that can affect reptiles, amphibians, livestock, and other primates.
Ivecop(Ivermectin) treats strongyloidiasis by increasing body immunity to fight against intestinal infection.
- Scabies: Scabies is a skin infection causing intensely itchy skin caused by a tiny, burrowing mite that results in Sarcoptes scabiei. If left untreated, these microscopic mites can live, lay eggs, and reproduce on the skin for even months. Scabies generally occurs in places, such as wrist, elbow, armpit, nipple, penis, waist, buttocks, and area between the fingers.
It takes almost six weeks for the signs and symptoms of scabies to get noticeable after getting initially exposed to the disease. The general symptoms of scabies include rash and intense itching that usually gets worse during the night. It is recommended not to scratch the infected area as it can create sores that become infected.
About Ivecop 6 Mg manufacturer
Menarini India Pvt manufactures Ivecop 6 Mg. Ltd- where opportunities abound, and the healthcare sector is overgrowing. It is considered in the list of top suppliers of Pharmaceutical Ointments & Creams, Soap & Hand Wash in India. The company was established in the year 2001. The company is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra and has now become the leading seller of listed products.
The company contains 3,400 employees managed by an extensive portfolio of proprietary healthcare brands and licensed brands from the world's leading biotech companies. The company has expanded its sectors from R&D to manufacturing, regulatory approval and commercialisation.
The company has contributed to the growth of Asia-Pacific pharmaceutical markets by 15% globally and continues to achieve the growing demand for quality medical solutions in the region.
Strengths of Ivecop 6 Mg
Ivecop 6 Mg has multiple benefits as it is used in the treatment of some types of worm infections, such as onchocerciasis, and some types of diarrhoea (strongyloidiasis). It is available in different strengths, such as:-
- 3 mg
- 6 mg
- 12 mg
Possible side effects of Ivecop 6 Mg
The general side effects that may be caused while using Ivecop 6 Mg because of interactions through diseases or other drugs. The medicine, if appropriately taken, will help you in treating the medical complication but can also react with some diseases or drugs, resulting in some unwanted side effects.
It is not essential that all the mentioned side effects will likely occur while consuming the medicine, but some of them can occur and may need medical attention. Consult the doctor regarding these side effects.
In the case of Onchocerciasis
Less common side effects
- Eye or irritation
- Joint pain
- Tender /swollen lymph node
- Vision changes
In case any of these symptoms last for a long time, do remember to consult the doctor. In case you experience dizziness, try to stand up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
Some of the side effects do not need medical attention as it goes away with time during treatment because the body adjusts to the medicine. The doctor will help you with such side effects by informing you about the preventive measures for such unwanted side effects.
More common side effects
- Itching or skin rashes
- Painful tender glands in neck, armpits, or groin
- Rapid heartbeat
Rare side effects
- Lightheadedness especially while getting up from a lying or sitting position
In the case of Strongyloidiasis
Less common side effects
- Skin rash or itching
Rare symptoms of side effects
- Loss of appetite
- Shaking or trembling
Other side effects may not be mentioned above may also occur in some patients. In case you experience any other symptoms, do consult the doctor.
What are the medicines that interact with Ivecop 6 Mg?
Not all but some of the unwanted side effects occur as a result of interactions due to drugs. They may need medical attention because the impact of Ivecop may change if taken with other medications or herbal products.
Such drug interactions are possible and can increase the risk of severe side effects but do not always occur. To prevent such unwanted side effects, consult with the doctor or pharmacist. It is essential to tell the doctor about the drugs(including prescribed and non prescribed drugs) that you have been consuming or you will use while taking Ivecop(Ivermectin).
Note that do not start, stop or change the dose of any of the medicine without consulting your doctor. Products that show interaction with Lvecop are:-
- Barbiturates(phenobarbital, butalbital)
- Benzodiazepines(clonazepam, lorazepam)
- Sodium oxybate(GHB)
- Valproic acid
This document does not contain all the drugs that show interactions with Ivecop(Ivermectin). Hence prepare a list of drugs you use and do share it to the doctor to reduce the risk of any side effects.
How to use Ivecop 6 Mg?
The ideal way to consume Ivecop(Ivermectin) is with a glass of water on an empty stomach at least one hour before having breakfast/meal. Ivecop(Ivermectin) is generally taken as a single dose or according to the direction of the doctor.
The dose of this medicine is based on the weight, medical condition(extent of infection), and response to treatment of the patient. Consult with the doctor in case your medical condition gets worse.
In some cases, if the patient is having severe symptoms of river blindness, the doctor may ask the person to add corticosteroid(a cortisone-like medicine) along with Ivecop(Ivermectin). In such cases strictly follow the direction of the doctor and do not make any changes on your own.
The Ivecop(Ivermectin) dose depends on the medical condition of the patient. The general dose of the drug is mentioned on the label of the medicine but may change according to the medical condition of the patient. The dose of the medication is determined by the doctor and do not make any changes without consulting the doctor.
- For river blindness(Onchocerciasis): If adults and teenagers are suffering from onchocerciasis, the dose is determined on the basis of body weight by the doctor. The general dosage of it is 150 micrograms(mcg) per kilogram(kg) (68 mcg per pound) of the body. The dose can be repeated every three to twelve months.
As the dose of such medicine is based on the weight of the body, for children weighing 15 kg or more, the general dose should be 150 mcg per kg of the body for a single dose. According to the necessity, the dose can be repeated every three to twelve months.
- For strongyloidiasis: The general rule for such medicines is according to the weight of the body, but it keeps on changing with the medical condition. The general dose is 200 micrograms(mcg) per kilogram(kg) (ì.e., 91 mcg per pound) of the body weight as a single dose.
While in case of children having weight 15 kg or more, the optimum dose is 200 mcg per kg of the body as a single dose. But for the children having weight less than 15 kg, the dose should be determined by the doctor.
Precautions while consuming Ivecop 6 Mg
Since Ivecop 6 Mg is a medicine and can show unwanted side effects if not consumed in the proper way. The appropriate method of consuming the drug includes some preventive measures that should be kept in mind while consuming Ivecop 6 Mg. Hence a list of precautionary measure is mentioned below:-
- Inform the doctor in case you are allergic to Ivecop 6 Mg or you are allergic to any other drugs.
- It is good to inform your doctor about your medical history before consuming the medicine, especially people having a history of liver problems.
- If you have gone to or living in West or Central Africa and been infected with certain parasites, such as Loa loa (African trypanosomiasis) causing problems with ivermectin treatment, the effects caused by such infection can cause rare side effects on the brain, such as encephalopathy.
- This drug can cause dizziness and consumption of alcohol or marijuana may enhance this symptom. Prevent specific activities, such as driving or using specific machinery that needs attention. Hence, limit the consumption of alcohol while using Ivecop(Ivermectin).
- In case you are having surgery, do not forget to inform the doctor about consuming these drugs, including prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- A person having a weak immune system (maybe due to HIV infection), he may require repetitive treatment of Ivecop(Ivermectin). A person needs to consult the doctor for such a condition.
- Consumption of Ivecop(Ivermectin) can be beneficial and risky for women who are expecting a baby. Discuss such situations and the dose of the medicine with the doctor when needed.
- Ivecop(Ivermectin) passes into breast milk even though no reports result in harmful effects of using this medicine to the infants so kindly consult the doctor if you fall under this situation.
- Do go through the drug interaction list before consuming the medicine and remember to check the expiry date of the medicine.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
If a person is experiencing severe symptoms of overdose, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination or trouble breathing while using Ivecop(Ivermectin), call 911. The citizens of the United States can call their local poison control centre at 1800-222-622.
Storage of Ivecop 6 Mg
Keep Ivecop 6Mg at room temperature below 30℃, and it should be kept away from the light, moisture, and children. Do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.