Lariago 250 Mg
What Is Lariago 250 Mg?
Lariago 250 Mg is an antiparasitic medicine that helps in preventing and treating infectious diseases like Malaria. The medicine works by killing parasites causing malaria and reduces the growth of such infection. In some cases, Lariago 250 also treats amebiasis, a parasitic infection that occurs because of Entamoeba histolytica affecting the intestine and amebic liver abscess. In instances where other medicines are not that effective, Lariago 250mg also cures rheumatoid arthritis (a joint disorder).
Always consult with the doctor before consuming the medicine. The way of consuming the medicine is a bit different from other medicines. It should be taken with food in order to reduce the risk of stomach upset. Try not to skip any doses and complete the full course of the medicine without altering the dose.
Stopping the medicine earlier will not help you to cure the disease permanently, and consuming it more than required can result in overdose symptoms. Thus, it is very important to consume the drug as prescribed. Try to avoid getting bitten from mosquitoes by using insect repellent cream or sprays. You can also wear full sleeves clothes that cover your whole body.
The medicine may cause some of the common mild symptoms, such as stomach pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and nausea. Do consult with the doctor in case the side effects last for a long period of time. Inform your doctor about your past medical health, especially if you ever had or have blood sugar, uncertain bruising, bleeding, sore throat, or fever.
What Is Lariago 250mg Used For?
Lariago 250 is a type of antiparasitic drug that helps in:-
- Malaria: It is a mosquito-borne infectious disease that affects every animal, including humans. It causes symptoms, such as fever, tiredness, vomiting, and headaches. These symptoms are severe in cases spread by the parasites that enter the body through the bite of the infected mosquitoes. Lariago 250 kills the infection caused by those parasites and also reduces from spreading. Try to consult with the doctor if you are consuming medicines or any other medicines with Lariago 250mg. It is because some drugs may interact, and the medicine may not get completely absorbed.
- Amebiasis: It is a type of infection of the intestines caused because of the amoebic parasites called Entamoeba histolytica. It enters the body through drinking or eating contaminated eatables and causing loose motion, abdominal cramping, and stomach pain. Lariago 250mg fights against this infection and also stops it from spreading.
Who Manufactures Lariago?
Ipca Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. is a consumer leading global pharmaceuticals company that manufactures Lariago 250mg. The company was started in 1949. The company has the largest suppliers of these APIs worldwide, with manufacturing leadership in over 12 APIs globally.
The company has now become the leading brand in pain, rheumatology, antimalarials, and hair care therapy in India. It has now formulated a rank amongst the top 300 Indian Pharmaceuticals Market brands as per IQVIA May 2020.
Ipca believes culture is defined by the values when it comes to the products and processes. The company assures a world-class quality standard and manufactures products that can be recommended with trust.
Strengths Of Lariago
By the term Lariago 250mg, it means a medicine with a brand name Lariago has 250mg of Chloroquine in its one tablet. 250mg is the strength of Lariago. The medicine is available in various other strengths and in different forms so that it can be recommended according to the patients' conditions. Other strengths of Lariago are as follows:-
- Lariago 250mg
- Lariago 500mg
- Lariago 50mg Suspension
- Lariago 64.5mg injection
- Lariago 40mg injection
- Lariago 160mg syrup
Consult with the doctor and discuss your condition with him to recommend the best possible form of medicine.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Lariago 250mg?
Instruction for consuming the medicine is prescribed so that the patient will not experience any unwanted side effects. But if you will not follow the instructions, you may have to face of these:-
- Suicide attempts
- Pain in the back, leg, or stomach
- Black, tarry stools
- Bleeding gums
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Blood in the urine or stools
- Blurred or decreased vision
- Change in near or distance vision
- Chest discomfort or pain
- Cold sweats
- Dark urine
- Difficulty while focusing the eyes
- Difficulty while speaking
- Difficulty while swallowing
- Disturbed color perception
- Double vision
- Fast, slow, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- The feeling of being watched
- The feeling of being heard
- Feeling, seeing, or hearing virtual things
- General tiredness and weakness
- Halos around lights
- Loss of hearing
- Unable to move the eyes
- Increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- Pain in joint or muscle
- large, hive-like swelling of the body
- Light-colored stools
- Loss of balance control
- Lower back or side pain
- Muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
- Muscular pain, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
- Night blindness
- Over Brightening appearance of lights
- painful or difficulty while urinating
- Pale skin
- Pinpoint red spots on the skin
- Shuffling walk
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Sticking out of the tongue
- Limbs stiffness
- Swollen or painful glands
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble breathing
- Tunnel vision
- Uncertain movements, especially of the face, neck, and back
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Upper right abdominal or stomach pain
- Yellow eyes and skin
Some side effects do not require special medical attention to get treated. They either get resolved with time or your body adopts the change. You can discuss this with your doctor, in case you may be experiencing it for a longer period of time, such as:-
- Change in hair color
- Loss of hair
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Redness or other discoloration of the skin
- Severe sunburn
- Stomach cramps
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight loss
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Lariago 250 mg?
There are a total of 408 medicines that interact with Lariago 250mg that are classified as follows:-
- 179 drugs that interact majorly
- 215 drugs show moderate interactions
- 14 drugs show minor drug interactions
Among all, some common drugs interact with Laraiago(Chloroquine), such as:-
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin)
- Atarax (hydroxyzine)
- Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate)
- Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin)
- Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d)
- Celebrex (celecoxib)
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Valium (diazepam)
- Vitamin B Complex 100 (multivitamin)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Lariago 250mg?
There are known 10 diseases that interact with Lariago 250, such as:-
- Ocular toxicity
- Bone marrow suppression
- Glucose-6-PD deficiency
- Myasthenia gravis
How To Consume Lariago 250 mg?
Consult with the doctor before consuming the medicine and always follow the instructions provided by the doctor. It will keep you away from unwanted side effects. Try to consume the drug with food in order to reduce the risk of stomach upset. Swallow the entire medicine, do not chew or crush the medicine.
Try to complete the full dose of the treatment without skipping and dose. Do not make any changes in the dose of the medicine without consulting from the doctor.
Precautions While Consuming Lariago 250mg
Here are some of the points that you should remember while consuming the drug, such as:-
- If you are allergic to Laraiago(Chloroquine), don’t consume Lariago 250. Inform the doctor about it.
- Women who are expecting to have a baby or in case of breastfeeding should not consume Aciloc, but in case you really need the medicine consult with the doctor.
- People suffering from QT interval prolongation, eye disorder, low blood count, hearing problem, impaired liver function, or hypoglycemia should carefully consume the medicine because it may worsen your condition. The doctor might ask you for regular monitoring of your body function while treating Lariago 250mg.
- Consumption of Lariago 250mg can cause dizziness, tiredness, visual disturbances, etc. in some cases. Thus, it is recommended not to operate any machinery after consuming the drug.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you ever had or have blood sugar, uncertain bruising, bleeding, sore throat, or fever.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include:-
- Clammy skin
- Decrease in urine
- Dry mouth
- Fast, weak pulse
- Increase in thirst
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Decrease in appetite
- Muscle pain or cramps
If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control center at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Lariago 250mg
Keep Lariago 250mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.