Levitra 40 Mg
What Is Levitra 40 mg?
Levitra is a drug that is highly effective in treating erectile dysfunction. It is available in many variants(strength), such as Levitra 20 mg, 60 mg, and 40 mg. Centurion Laboratories, an Indian pharmaceutical company, manufactures Levitra 40mg.
Levitra is an inhibitor drug for phosphodiesterase(PDE) containing an active component, Vardenafil. Levitra is the most common effective prescription fertility that is highly recommended by the doctor to cure erectile dysfunction and impotence in men.
The penis contains an enzyme called phosphodiesterase5(PDE5) that helps in reducing the erection of the penis. Levitra falls under the category of drugs known as phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors and prevents this enzyme from working quickly and thus keeping the penis in erection position even after sexual intercourse.
Note that the drug will not work without the physical action of the penis that occurs during sexual intercourse. Levitra is available only with your doctor’s prescription and in both tablet and powdered form for suspension.
What is Levitra 40 mg used for?
Levitra helps in the treatment of male sexual problems, such as impotence or erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood flow in the penis. Remember that this drug does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhoea, syphilis.
Levitra increases the flow of blood in the penis to make the penis erect and does not let the enzyme called phosphodiesterase(PDE) present in the penis to work quickly. It keeps the penis to remain in an erect position.
Who manufactures Levitra 40 mg?
Bayer AG, a German multinational pharmaceutical manufactures Levitra 40 mg. It is a life sciences company and comes under one of the largest pharmaceutical companies around the world.
The company operates at the edge of innovation in different sectors of medical science, such as healthcare, agriculture and nutrition. The company enacts the Bayer Societal Engagement (BASE) Principles in order to ensure the current societal expectations and to create values for all stakeholders through our business activities.
The company also follows a thumb rule, “Science for a better life” and the Bayer LIFE values: leadership, integrity, flexibility, and efficiency. Bayer AG starts with a friendship between two men, Businessman Friedrich Bayer and dyer Johann Friedrich Wescott.
They used the conduct experiments and eventually discovered how to make the dye fuchsine. On August 1, 1863, they came to know about the "Friedr. Bayer et. comp." company in Wuppertal-Barmen, a 19th-century startup with tremendous potential.
Is Levitra 40mg the same as Viagra?
There are some advantages of consuming Levitra 40mg, such as:-
- Levitra 40mg is the cheapest economical drug to treat erectile dysfunction.
- The drug provides a long-lasting erection.
- It is effortless for anyone to purchase the drug as it is available both online and in the stores.
- Levitra 40 mg is the highly used drug destroying the difficulties and demand for medicine, intravenous medicines, etc.
What are the side effects of Levitra 40 mg?
Levitra 40 mg generally do not react in men consuming it. Side effects can be caused due to drug or disease interactions.
Its side effects are categorized below according to the occurrence of the symptoms, such as:-
- Pain in the muscles
- Bleeding nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Redness on skin
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Pain in the eyes
- Pain in the bladder
- Burning sensation in the chest or stomach
- Blood in urine
- Frequently urinating
- Stomach upset and pain
- Pain while urinating
- Feeling of numbness, crawling, itching, numbness
Rare side effects
- Loss of vision
- Bleeding in the eye
- Pain in the bone and chest
- Cold sweat
- Cool and pale skin
- Lack of concentration
- Dryness of the mouth
- Mental depression
- Excessive hunger
- Fever or chills
- Increased thirst and sweating
- Prolonged, painful erection of the penis
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin ulcers
- Sore throat
- Twitching of the muscles
There must be other side effects that might not be mentioned in the above list, in case you feel any kind of uneasiness do not ignore but consult your doctor about it in order to avoid any other medical complications.
How long does it take for Levitra 40mg to work?
The effect of Levitra begins within 30-40 minutes of taking medicine. The effect of the drug can last to as long as 4-5 hours.
However, one should not repeat the dosage in 24 hours.
- Priapism warning: Priapism is a medical condition in which the erection won’t go away. The condition will become serious if an erection lasts for more than 4 hours. In such a situation, call 911 and go for immediate medical help. It may occur in case of overdose or improper way of using the medicine.
- Sudden vision loss: Levitra 40 mg may cause some of the unwanted side effects, such as sudden vision loss in either one or both the eyes. It is a severe health issue that should be considered and stop taking the drug in such cases.
- Sudden hearing loss: Consuming this drug in an improper way or some interaction may result in hearing loss, tinnitus(ringing in the ears) or dizziness. Do not take any more dose of Levitra 40 mg if you start to experience any of such symptoms.
What are the medicines that interact with Levitra 40 mg?
Medical science has reached at that point of success that a person can consume more than one drug simultaneously, even if the interaction might occur. But the doctor will have to change the dose or may have to take certain necessary precautions.
However, the medicines should not be used together to avoid the chance of having any medical complications. Here is a list of drugs that show interaction with Levitra 40 mg:-
- Amyl Nitrite
- Erythrityl Tetranitrate
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Propatyl Nitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
Some drugs might have to be used with Levitra in some medical conditions. But it would be best if you consume it according to the doctor’s prescription.
What are the diseases that interact with Levitra 40mg?
Diseases that show interactions with Levitra 40 mg are as follows:-
- Cardiovascular disease: This drug can lower the blood pressure of the body, and if the person is suffering from cardiovascular disease in the last six months, do ask the doctor before consuming this medicine. These medical complications include a stroke, heart attack, or life-threatening improper rhythm of the heartbeat.
- Pulmonary disease: As the drug affects the rhythm of the heartbeat, it will alter the pulmonary artery that can lead to worsening the heart function. Hence, people suffering from pulmonary diseases should consult the doctor before consuming Levitra 40 mg.
- Peyronie’s disease: It is a medical complication in which the problems arises with the shape of the penis. Using Levitra 40 mg while suffering from such a disease will worsen the situation and sometimes may cause you erection more than 4 hours.
- Stomach ulcers or bleeding: The use of Levitra 40 mg raises the risk of medical complications, such as stomach bleeding, ulcers, or small holes in the lining of the digestive system. These medical conditions can be fatal, so if you have stomach ulcers and are thinking of using Levitra 40 mg, do not forget to consult the doctor before use.
- Sickle cell anaemia: Use of Levitra 40 mg may cause you pain in sickle cell anaemia known as the vaso-occlusive crisis. Hence, consult the doctor if you fall under this condition before consuming the medicine.
- Renal dysfunction
- Loss of hearing
- Liver disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Seizure disorders
How does Levitra 40 mg work?
Always consume Levitra 40 mg according to the prescription of the doctor. Aways follow the instructions provided by the doctor because the medicine will work efficiently and without any unwanted side effects only when used correctly. Therefore, the patient must follow the instructions of consuming the medicine and its dosage.
Consume the medicine orally with a glass of water without chewing, crushing or swallowing it entirely. There is no harm in consuming the drug with an empty stomach.
The drug is available with various other brand names containing the same salt(Vardenafil), and the dosage for all of them is different from one another.
Consume Viagra, another drug to treat erectile dysfunction 30 minutes to 1 hour before the sexual activity.
It will take almost 4 hours for the penis to return to its normal state after taking the drug. Do not consume Viagra more than once in one day. Levitra has a fast action time, and its effect lasts upto 50% longer than Viagra(Sildenafil).
Precautions while consuming Levitra 40 mg
There are some points that a person should take care of while consuming Levitra 40 mg:-
- In an emergency medical condition, do inform the doctor that you are consuming Levitra is any, especially people having heart problems.
- Avoid using this medicine with nitrate drugs, such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide, Nitro-Bid, etc.
- Go for a regular check-up if you are a heart patient suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension. To allow the doctor to regulate the medicine according to the medical condition.
- Do not take any other drug containing Vardenafil, such as Viagra, Vardenafil, Cialis, etc.
- Inform the doctor if you ever have or had heart disease.
- Consult the doctor immediately if the erection lasts for more than 4 hours or more, causing pain. Such conditions require immediate medical treatment.
- Do not take any other drug without consulting the doctor as it may show severe interactions causing side effects.
- In case you have already consumed medicines for hypertension, you may feel symptoms, such as blurred vision, confusion, faintness, or dizziness because Levitra decreases the blood pressure. Inform your doctor about such experiences if you fall under this category.
- Some medical conditions may get worse with the use of Levitra 40 mg, such as cardiovascular disease, stomach ulcer, sickle cell anaemia, Peyronie's disease, pulmonary diseases, liver disease, retinitis pigmentosa, or seizure disorders.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Overdose symptoms include dizziness, fainting, or painful/prolonged erection. If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Levitra 40 mg
Keep Levitra 40mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.
Is it essential to have a prescription to buy Levitra 40mg?
Yes, a legitimate prescription by a certified doctor is important to buy Levitra or any other drug from For Daily Medicine.