Malegra 50 Mg
What Is Malegra 50 mg?
Malegra 50 Mg is a medicine used to treat sexual function problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Malegra 50 Mg is the brand name of the medication with the generic name known as Sildenafil Citrate.
It is considered the more potent dose of erectile dysfunction medication by exciting the flow of blood through the penis. Sunrise Remedies Pvt. Ltd, an Indian pharmaceutical company, manufactures Malegra 50 Mg.
Malegra 50 Mg falls under the category of drugs called phosphodiesterase(PDE) containing an active quantity of sildenafil citrate. An enzyme called phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors is present in the penis helps the organ to relax back to its normal state after sexual intercourse.
Malegra 50 Mg works on phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors making it less efficient, as a result keeping the penis in erection position even after sexual intercourse.
Do keep in mind that the drug will not work without the physical action of the penis that happens during sexual intercourse.
What is the Malegra 50 Mg tablet used for?
Malegra 50 Mg helps men who are facing trouble in keeping their penis erector for a longer duration. Sexual impotence, such as erectile dysfunction, is a common problem for men all over the world.
Malegra 50 Mg helps in the treatment of such common dysfunction in men to combat their sexual impotence by a good long-lasting erection during sexual intercourse. It increases the flow of blood through the penis, causing it to remain erect for 4 hours.
Drugs containing nitrates is harmful if consumed with Malegra 50 Mg. Nitrates drugs, such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, and some recreational drugs like "poppers."
Some of the medicines may show drug interactions with Malegra 50 Mg and can cause unwanted or dangerous effects. Therefore, consult your doctor about all the drugs that you consume.
About the Malegra 50 Mg manufacturer
Sunrise Remedies Pvt. Ltd manufactures Malegra 50 mg under high-quality assurance standards. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company that has been producing a variety of pharmaceutical products since 1996.
The company has been providing life-saving drugs to deal with various medical complications, such as HIV/ARV and Hepatocare, Cardiac, Diabetes, Psychiatrists, Neurology, Erectile Dysfunction, Premature ejaculation, Antibiotics-Antibacterial, Analgesic-Anti-inflammatory.
It has successfully maintained its reputation because of various reasons like high manufacturing standards and in line with the best practices in the pharmaceutical industry.
All this is possible because the company’s R&D unit is highly experienced and trustworthy, producing state of the art products for different medical issues.
Sunrise Remedies Pvt. Ltd is a highly-rated pharmaceutical company in India. The company vision is to provide quality medicines at cost-effective prices to customers globally.
Strengths of Malegra 50 Mg
Malegra is available in various strengths, such as 25mg, 50mg, 100mg, and 200mg. Here the strength of Malegra is 50 Mg. The medicine is beneficial in many ways, such as:-
- Malegra 50 Mg primarily cures erectile dysfunction in two ways:-
- By increasing the flow of blood through the penis and
- By resisting phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors from functioning quickly. This enzyme is present in the penis that helps it to get back to its normal position after sexual intercourse.
- It gives long drug action time resulting in long-lasting and emotional sex.
- Available at a reasonable price and in various forms.
Possible side effects of Malegra 50 Mg
Malegra 50 Mg generally do not show any side effects. The report says that men consuming the drug do not experience any side effects if consumed properly. Side effects can occur due to various other reasons, such as due to drug interaction, disease interactions.
Here are some side effects that may occur on consuming Malegra 50 mg, such as:-
- Stomach upset
- Loss of vision
- Colour blindness
- Extra strain on the heart during sexual intercourse
- Chest/jaw/left arm pain
- Nausea (severe or continuing)
- Allergic reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive hunger
- Sore throat
- Sensitivity to light
- Prolonged, painful erection of the penis
- Sensitivity to light
- blood in urine
- increased frequency of urination
- Bladder pain
- burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- pain on urination
- stomach upset
- tenderness in the stomach area
- Abnormal vision
- behaviour change similar to drunkenness
- bleeding of the eye
- blurred vision
- bone pain
- breast enlargement
- chest pain
- cold sweats
- double vision
- dry eyes
- convulsions (seizures)
- cool and pale skin
- deafness or hearing loss
- Lack of urination or the frequency of urination
- decreased vision
- difficulty in concentrating
- dry mouth
- dry skin
- redness, scaling of the skin
- peeling of the skin
- pain in the eye
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- A feeling of something in the eye
- fever or chills
- headache (severe or continuing)
- increase in the size of the pupil
- increased sweating
- increased thirst
- lower back or side pain
- migraine headache
- numbness of the hands
- painful, swollen joints
- redness, burning, or swelling of the eyes
- redness, itching, or tearing of the eyes
- restless sleep
- skin ulcers
- slurred speech
- sore throat
- swelling of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs
- seeing shades of colours differently than before
- skin lesions with swelling
- skin paleness
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- Feeling of weakness
- Difficulty while breathing
- twitching of the muscles
- An unusual sense of burning or stinging of the skin
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vision loss, temporary
Incidence not known
Different drugs show interaction differently. Therefore, there must be other side effects that might not be listed above. So if you experience any of these or something similar to these, do consult your doctor about it.
What are the medicines that interact with Malegra 50 Mg?
Here is a list of medicines that generally show interaction with Malegra 50 Mg. The list may not contain all the possible drugs reacting with Malegra 50 Mg. Therefore, do consult your doctor about the medicines you may take along with Malegra 50 Mg.
Do not start or stop taking any drug without consulting the doctor while consuming Malegra 50 Mg. The products that may interact with Malegra 50 Mg are:-
- Alpha-blocker drugs(Doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- Azole antifungals(Itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics(Clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Propatyl Nitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
Some drugs might be used with Malegra 50 Mg but should be according to the doctor’s prescription, such as:-
What are the diseases that react with Malegra 50 Mg?
Some of the diseases show interactions with Malegra as the treatment involved in such conditions might contain drugs that may react with Malegra 50 Mg and can cause severe side effects. These diseases are as follows:-
- Cardiovascular disease: The use of phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors is not suitable for patients having cardiovascular disease and are at potential cardiac risk while performing sexual activity.
Physicians consider the vasodilatory effect of these drugs and the adverse effects that patients may have to face while underlying cardio-and/or life-threatening arrhythmia within the last six months.
Other severe adverse cardiovascular effects have, such as angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, AV block, ventricular arrhythmia, tachycardia, palpitation, hypotension, postural hypotension, syncope, cerebral thrombosis, cerebrovascular haemorrhage, transient ischemic attack, cardiac arrest, heart failure, and hypertension.
- Renal dysfunction: The plasma clearance of phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors may get reduced because of the accumulation of the medicine resulting in severe renal impairment.
People suffering from severe renal disease or renal dialysis need to avoid Malegra 50 Mg. These patients need to consult the doctor for consuming Malegra 50 Mg.
- Pulmonary disease: Consumption of Malegra 50 Mg for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH) is harmful to patients suffering from Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease(PVOD). It is because the medicine may worsen the cardiovascular status of such patients.
- Priapism: A person consuming Malegra 50 Mg may face prolonged erection for more than 4 hours because the medicine contains phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors resulting in penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency if not treated promptly.
People suffering from medical conditions, such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma, leukaemia, and anatomical deformation of the penis should carefully use Malegra 50mg. Anatomical deformation of the penis includes cavernosal fibrosis, Peyronie's disease, or angulation.
- Alcoholism: Consumption of alcohol may enhance the pressure-lowering effects of mild vasodilators, such as phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors. Hence, people consuming too much alcohol should limit their consumption while taking Malegra 50 Mg.
- Hearing loss: Use of Malegra 50 Mg containing phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors results in a sudden decrease in hearing power followed by tinnitus or dizziness. People suffering from hearing problems should not consume Malegra 50 Mg.
- Seizure disorders: The use of Malegra 50 Mg(phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors) is associated with seizures. Therapy with this drug should be administered carefully in patients with preexisting seizure disorders.
- Liver disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
How does Malegra 50 Mg work?
The drug is generally taken orally according to the direction of the doctor. To get the best results, consume the amount of Malegra as directed by the doctor. You may also go through the instructions provided with the medicine.
It is not necessary to consume this medicine with or without food, and you can consume it in any way. In case you are using an oral liquid form of Malegra, do shake it thoroughly for at least 10 seconds before use.
This medicine begins to work within 30 minutes after consuming the drug and continues to keep the erection for at least 4 hours. Always use the brand of the medication rather than different brands that may not work in the same way.
Consume Malegra 50 Mg tablets with water just 1 hour or 30 minutes before the time of action.
Precautions while consuming Malegra 50 Mg
To avoid any unwanted side effects do take some preventive measures, such as:-
- If you are using other drugs, do check it with the list of medicines that show interactions with Malegra 50 Mg, or you should consult your doctor before taking any medication while consuming Malegra 50 Mg. As other drugs, such as nitrates, show severe interactions with Malegra 50 Mg, medicines used for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- If you have pulmonary arterial hypertension and consuming Malegra 50 Mg go for a regular blood pressure check-up because the dose may change with your condition.
- Do not forget to inform the doctor about recent medical history, especially if you ever had or have any heart disease.
- If a person is suffering from hypertension, go for immediate medical help if you experience blurred vision, faintness, dizziness as the drug may decrease the blood pressure.
- Do not take more than the necessary dosages of the medicine in order to get the best results rather than consume it in its proper way.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Overdose of this medicine can lead to symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, or painful/prolonged erection. Search for immediate medical help in such situations.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222 to seek immediate medical attention.
Storage of Malegra 50 Mg
Keep Malegra 50 Mg away from the light, moisture, and children. In case you need further help regarding handling the medicine, do consult your doctor.