Mamofen 20 Mg
What Is Mamofen 20mg?
Manofen 20mg is an anti-estrogen medicine which is used in the treatment of breast cancer, reduces the risk of breast cancer in women with a high risk of pre and postmenopausal. The medicines also help in lowering the growth rate of cancer cells.
Mamofen is available in various strengths of its salt, Tamoxifen. The medicine is manufactured by Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd. The medicine also helps in the treatment of infertility and can be taken with or without food. But make sure you consume every dose at a regular interval of time.
The dose and the type of treatment of the medicine are based on the cause of consuming the drug. Thus, always consult with your doctor about the dose of medicine. He will give you the right suggestion about its dosage.
Try to swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Usually, Mamofen 20 is consumed for 10-15 years but try to consume the medicine as long as it is prescribed for you. The medicine usually does not cause any unnecessary side effects, but you may face some once you start consuming the drug without following the instruction of the doctor.
What Is Mamofen 20 mg Used For?
Mamofen 20mg helps both men and women to treat certain types of breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer: It is a type of cancer that often occurs in the breast cells, such as cells of the milk-producing duct (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma). Breast cancer can occur in both men and women but it is very rare in men. Symptoms of breast cancer include a lump in the breast, bloody discharge from the nipples or breast. The treatment for such cancer depends on its stages and usually consists of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Mamofen 20mg helps both and women to treat estrogen receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer.
- McCune-Albright Syndrome: It is a type of disorder that affects the bones, skin, and several hormone-producing(endocrine) tissues. Mamofen 20 sometimes helps in treating such syndrome, but this is not the primary work of the medicine. Thus, consult with the doctor first before consuming the medicine for such purposes.
Who Manufactures Mamofen 20mg?
Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd. is a pioneer to bring oncology products in India that also manufactures Mamofen 20mg. The company has markets and out-licenses patented Pharmaceutical Formulaties, NDDS, niche API and chiral intermediates.
The company has more than 222 patent granted/pending using NDDS, nanotechnology, Dendrimers and Chiral Chemistry. It also has multiple sale team operating in different therapeutic areas, to enable focus on maximum new product launches. KLAB is a key player in India in the niche area of oncology, antibiotics, pain and spasm management.
The company has created its own intellectual property using brilliant individuals and the latest technologies and uses the latest technology to avail the knowledge intelligently. KLAB believes itself a unique system whereby questioning and reviewing all the rules and regulations.
Strengths Of Mamofen 20
Mamofen 20mg is a medicine which contains 20 mg of Tamoxifen in one tablet of Mamofen. It is the strength(salt composition) of Manofen. It is an anti-cancer drug available in other strengths as well so that it can be consumed according to the severity of the patient, such as:-
- Mamofen 10mg
- Mamofen 20mg
What Are The Side Effects Of Mamofen 20mg?
If you consume the drug as instructed by the doctor you will not have any side effects. Such things happen either due to drug interactions, disease interaction or allergy. The side effects that may occur by not following the prescribed instructions are as follows:-
- Absent, missed, or irregular menstrual periods
- Bladder pain
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- Blood in the urine
- Blurred vision
- Decrease in urine
- Decrease in height
- Loss of vision
- Difficult while breathing
- Difficult, burning, or pain while urination
- Fast heartbeat
- Frequently urinating
- Heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding
- Increase in clear or white vaginal discharge
- Pain in the lower back or side
- Noisy, rattling breathing
- Pain in the back, ribs, arms, or legs
- Painful or difficult urination
- Pale skin
- Rapid weight gain
- Rapid, shallow breathing
- Stopping of menstrual bleeding
- Tightness in the chest
- Tingling of the hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing while exertion
- Uncertain bleeding or bruising
- Tiredness or weakness
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Abnormal growth filled with fluid or semisolid material
- Black, tarry stools
- Bleeding gums
- Blurred vision
- Breast pain, redness, or swelling
- Chest pain
- Clear or bloody discharge from the nipple
- Cough and mucus
- Dimpling of the breast skin
- A rise in body temperature
- Flushing or redness of the skin, especially on the face and neck headache
- Inverted nipple
- Pain or stiffness in joints
- A large amount of cholesterol in the blood
- Lump in the breast or under the arm
- Persistent crusting or scaling of the nipple
- Pinpoint red spots on the skin
- Pounding in the ears
- Skin rash or itching over the entire body
- Low heartbeat
- Sore on the skin of the breast
- Stomach or pelvic discomfort, aching, or heaviness
- Bluish colour of the skin
Incidence not known
- Blistering, peeling, loosening of the skin
- Dark urine
- A general feeling of discomfort or illness
- Muscle pain
- Large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- Loss of appetite
- Pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple centre
- Red, irritated eyes
- Sore throat
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- Thickening of bronchial secretions
- Yellow eyes or skin
Some unwanted side effects do not require special medical treatment. The body either adapts it with time or it gets resolved when the treatment ends. In case you find any of them or have any doubt, you can refer to the doctor or to the list below:-
- Pain in the body and bones
- Feeling difficulty while moving
- Dryness of the throat
- Hair loss or thinning of hair
- Swollen joints
- Lack of strength
- Frequent mood changes
- Muscle cramps or stiffness
- Passing of gas
- Redness of the upper body, and occasionally, upper chest
- Runny nose
- Skin changes
- Stomach upset, fullness, or pain
- Sudden sweating
- Tender, swollen glands in the neck
- Feeling difficulty while swallowing
- Feeling difficulty while sleeping
- Voice changes
- Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- Itching of the vagina or genital area
- Pain while having sex
Incidence not known
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Inability to have or keep an erection
- Loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
What Are The Medicines That Show Interactions With Mamofen 20mg?
There are a total of 361 known drugs that interact with Tamoxifen (Manofen) which are categorised as:-
- 99 drugs interact majorly
- 253 drugs show moderate interactions
- 9 drugs have minor interactions
The most common ones among all are as follows:-
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d)
- Clomid (clomiphene)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Effexor (venlafaxine)
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Singulair (montelukast)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vitamins (multivitamin)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact Mamofen 20mg?
Total 5 known diseases show interactions with Mamofen(Tamoxifen), such as:-
- DVT/pulmonary embolism
- Endometrial dysplasia
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Visual disturbances
How To Consume Mamofen 20mg?
Take Mamofen 20 as advised by the doctor. Do not change the dose without consulting him. Swallow the medicine as a whole without chewing, crushing or breaking it in the mouth. The medicine can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a regular interval of time.
In case you have allergy with Tamoxifen, do not consume Mammofen. Inform your doctor, he will prescribe you other alternatives.
Precautions While Consuming Mamofen 20 mg
Read these points carefully before consuming the medicine, it will help you to avoid side effects:-
- The medicine is not for pregnant women or who are planning for breastfeeding. It can lead to severe adverse effects on the unborn baby. It should only be consumed in life-threatening conditions if you are pregnant.
- Some women may face irregular periods. Discuss with your doctor if you are one of them.
- People suffering from venous thromboembolic should avoid consuming Mamofen 20mg as it can increase the risk of venous thromboembolic events. Discuss this with your doctor if you have such a condition.
- The use of Mamofen in uterus-endometrial cancer patients increases the risk of uterine cancer. Inform your doctor about such complications before consuming such medicines.
- People with low vision or visual disturbances need to carefully use this medicine. It is advised to consult;lt with the doctor consuming it.
- The medicine may cause loss of vision, dizziness, fatigue, and tiredness. Thus, one should avoid operating any heavy machinery after taking Mamofen 20mg.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
If a person is experiencing severe symptoms of overdose, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination or trouble breathing while using Mamofen(Tamoxifen) 100mg, call 911. The citizens of the United States can call their local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Mamofen(Tamoxifen) 20mg
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃, and away from the light and moisture. Keep the medicine away from the children and do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.