Pentids 400 Mg
What Is Pentids 400 Mg?
Pentids 400mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that helps in the treatment of bacterial infections, like throat infections, ear, nasal sinuses, respiratory infections, gum disease, skin and soft tissue in your body. Penicillin G is the generic name of Pentids with a strength of 400mg.
Abbott manufactures Pentids(Penicillin G) 400mg. It helps in the treatment of certain medical complications related to respiratory tracks, urinary tract, and sexually transmitted disease like Syphilis. It cures bacteria, which helps to improve your symptoms and cure the infection.
Pentids 400 also treats many sexually transmitted diseases and some skin conditions. Consume the medicine either 1 hour before the meal or 2 hours after your meal. You need to consume the drug regularly at evenly spaced intervals according to the prescription of the doctor.
Pentids 400mg dose depends on the treatment. Remember always to complete the full course of this antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip or leave the treatment in between if you want to feel better. In case you stop consuming the drug in between some bacteria may survive, and the infection may recur.
Common side effects have been noticed with the use of this medicine, such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhoea. Usually, these side effects are temporary and subside with the completion of treatment. Inform the doctor in case you find these side effects last for long or even after the end of the treatment.
Share your medical history with the doctor, especially in case you have an allergy to any antibiotic before taking this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women need to consult the doctor before consuming it. It may result in blurry vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Avoid driving if you experience these symptoms.
What Is Pentids 400 Mg Used For?
Bacterial Infection: Pentids 400mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that helps in the treatment of bacterial infections(bacterial endocarditis), such as infections of the throat, ear, nasal sinuses, respiratory infections, gum disease, skin and soft tissue in your body.
Bacteria are both harmful and useful to humans. Only a few bacteria cause harm. Many of them are beneficial, such as those that are involved in immunity, digestion, and production of antibiotics and food products.
Syphilis: A type of bacterial infection that usually spreads through sexual contact that starts as a painless sore usually around your genital area, rectum or mouth. It can be easily trreated with the help of antibodies, such as Pentids 400. It helps the immune system to fight against the infection.
Rheumatic fever: It is a disease that occurs due to inadequate treatment of strep throat or scarlet fever. It causes fever and painful, tender joints. Pentids 400 gives strength to your body to deal with foreign matters and cure such fevers.
Consume the medicine either 1 hour before or 2 hours after the meal. It would be best if you consumed it regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor.
About The Manufacturers Of Pentids 400 Mg
Abbott India Ltd. is a publicly listed company and a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories. It has decided to help people in India to live a healthier life through a diverse range of science-based nutritional products, diagnostics tools, branded generic pharmaceutical products, and diabetes and vascular devices.
It has a headquarter in Mumbai, a publicly listed company and a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories that takes pride in offering high quality trusted medicines in multiple therapeutic categories, such as women health, cardiology, gastroenterology, metabolic disorders, and primary care.
The company believes in providing quality healthcare through a mix of global and local products for the citizens of India. It has its own in house development and medical team that undertakes products and clinical development tailored to the unique needs of the Indian market.
Strengths Of Pentids 400 Mg
Here the strength of Pentids is 400 mg. Consumption of this medicine helps in treating bacterial infection. Bacterial infections that occur due to bacteria( a kind of microorganisms that consists of only one cell).
Pentids is available in various strengths, such as:-
- 200 mg
- 400 mg
- 800 mg
Possible Side-Effects Of Pentids 400 Mg
Along with its beneficial effects, Pentids(Penicillin G) may also result in some severe side effects. In fact, not all of these side effects may occur, but few may need medical attention.
Immediately tell your doctor in case you face any of the following side effects occur while taking it.
Incidence not known
- injection site reactions (pain, redness, swelling, bruising, or irritation),
- twitching or muscle spasm,
- overactive reflexes,
- mild skin rash,
- upset stomach,
- black or hairy tongue,
- muscle pain,
- fast heart rate,
- low blood pressure, and
- allergic reactions (including itching, rash, and anaphylaxis).
Some side effects of Penicillin G may not need medical attention and can get resolved during the treatment itself. It is because your body gets adjusted to the medicine. Additionally, consult your doctor about it or if any of the following side effects last for an extended period of time.
- Back, leg, or stomach pains
- bleeding gums
- Trouble in differentiating colours, especially blue or yellow
- chest pain, discomfort, or burning
- cracks in the skin
- blood in the urine or stools
- blurred vision
- bulging soft spot on the head
- decrease in vision
- difficulty breathing
- discolouration of the thyroid glands
- double vision
- general body swelling
- burning sensation in the heart
- increased insensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- heat loss from the body
- pain in the lower back
- pain or burning sensation in the throat
- pain with swallowing
- painful or difficult urination
- The pale colour of the skin
- pinpoint red spots may occur on the skin
- rash with flat lesions on the skin
- red, swollen of the skin
- redness or other discolouration of the skin
- redness, swelling, or soreness of the tongue
- scaly skin
- severe nausea
- severe sunburn
- tooth discolouration
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- vomiting blood
What are the medicines that interact with Pentids 400 Mg?
Here is a list of medications that show interactions with Pentids 400 Mg, such as:-
- Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin)
- Activated Charcoal (charcoal)
- Adrenalin (epinephrine)
- Amoxil (amoxicillin)
- Anti-D (RHO) Immunoglobulin (rho (d) immune globulin)
- Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin)
- B Complex 100 (multivitamin)
- Chloromycetin (chloramphenicol)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Heparin Sodium (heparin)
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- penicillin g potassium
- Penicillin G Procaine (procaine penicillin)
- Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Valproate Sodium (valproic acid)
- Ventolin (albuterol)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin K (phytonadione)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What are the diseases that interact with Pentids 400 Mg?
Some of the diseases show interaction with Pentids(Penicillin G)400mg are:-
How To Consume Pentids 400 Mg?
Consume the drug in the dose and duration according to the doctor’s instructions. Swallow it as a whole but do not chew, crush or break it.
It is not necessary to consume Pentids 400mg Tablet with an empty stomach. Do not take dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream with Pentids 400mg Tablet.
Precautions while consuming Pentids 400 Mg
- It would be best if you did not consume Pentids 400mg in case you are allergic to Penicillin G or other tetracycline antibiotics. It also includes drugs, such as demeclocycline, minocycline, tetracycline, or tigecycline.
- To make sure Pentids(Penicillin G) is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have a history of:
- kidney disease;
- liver disease;
- asthma or sulfite allergy;
- increase in pressure inside your skull; or
- Stop consuming the medicine in case you take isotretinoin, seizure medicine, or a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).
- In case you are consuming Pentids(Penicillin G) for the treatment of chlamydia, the doctor may ask you to test for gonorrhoea, another sexually transmitted disease.
- Consuming this drug during pregnancy may affect tooth and bone development in the unborn baby. Taking Pentids(Penicillin G) during the last half of pregnancy can result in permanent tooth discolouration. Inform the doctor in case you become pregnant or you might be expecting a baby while using the medicine.
- Pentids(Penicillin G) 400mg can decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pills. Consult with your doctor about using non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) in order to prevent pregnancy.
- Pentids(Penicillin G)400mg can pass into breast milk and can affect the development of the bone and tooth in a nursing infant. The extent of absorption is unknown. Therefore, do not breastfeed while you are consuming the medicine.
- This medicine is not for the use of children. Pentids(Penicillin G) may result in permanent yellowing or greying of the teeth in children younger than eight years old.
- Children suffering from medical conditions, such as anthrax or Rocky Mountain spotted fever should not consume the medicine.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
If a person is experiencing severe symptoms of overdose, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination or trouble breathing while using Pentids(Penicillin G) 400mg, call 911. The citizens of the United States can call their local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Pentids(Penicillin G) 400mg
Store the drugs at room temperature, i.e. below 30℃, and away from the light and moisture. Keep the medicine away from the children and do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.