About Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%)
Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%) is an eye drop that helps in the treatment of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension that occurs in humans with the increase in age. Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution is the generic name of the Actavis Bimatoprost 0.03%.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. also known as Teva Pharmaceuticals, is a multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). This eye drop helps to cure high pressure in the eyes, preventing open-angle type(glaucoma) and other eye diseases, such as ocular hypertension.
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) cures the disease by regulating the flow(pressure) of fluid in the eyes to optimum pressure and prevents causing pain. It also treats eyelash hypotrichosis(not enough eyelashes) by increasing the growth of eyelashes, making it longer, thicker, and darker.
What is Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) used for?
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) is a medicine in the form of an eye drop that prevents the eyes from getting damage through multiple medical complications, such as:-
- Glaucoma: It is a group of eye conditions that results in blindness by damaging the optic nerves, which are responsible for good vision. This damage occurs due to abnormally high pressure in the eyes. It has turned into a leading cause of blindness for people over the age of 60.
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) regulates the pressure in the eyes preventing the optic nerves from damaging.
- Ocular hypertension: It is a medical condition in which an intraocular pressure becomes more significant than 21 mm Hg either in one or both the eyes.
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) helps to maintain the intraocular pressure and also contributes to optic nerves to appear normal.
- Hypotrichosis: It is a medical condition in which there is no or little growth of hair occurs on areas, such as eyebrows, eyelashes, and other areas of the body where hair does grow normally.
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) also helps in the growth of eyelashes preventing the eyes from getting damaged by foreign particles.
About Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%) manufacturer
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. also is known as Teva Pharmaceuticals, is a multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). The company has a dual headquarters in Petah Tikva, Israel and Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.
The establishment of the company was in Jerusalem in the year 1901 with an aim to help patients live longer, healthier lives. After centuries, Chaim Salomon, Moshe Levin, and Yitschak Elstein came up in Jerusalem with a proposal of a small pharmaceutical business. At that point of time, they were not familiar that their company would go on to be a world leader in the industry.
In 1976, Assia went for a collaboration with fellow Israeli pharma companies Zori and Teva to form Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and the company became Israel’s biggest healthcare company, under the leadership of CEO Eli Hurvitz.
After a year, the company started to expand internationally. Teva entered the European market after acquiring Dutch firm Orphahell. In 1982, Teva’s manufacturing facility in Kfar Saba, Israel, received official FDA approval. The mission is to be a global leader in generics and biopharmaceuticals, for improving the lives of patients across the world.
Strengths of Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%)
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) have multiple strengths in the field of medical science and can cure the following complications:-
- Intraocular hypertension: Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%) regulates the intraocular pressure by maintaining the pressure below 21 mm of Hg. It prevents the optic nerves from causing any damage that is responsible for good vision.
- Glaucoma: lt is another strength of Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%) that helps in the treatment of glaucoma by preventing hypertension in the eyes.
- Hypotrichosis: Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) also plays a marvellous role in treating hypotrichosis by blocking the foreign matters from entering the eyes.
Possible side effects of Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%)
In Addition to the needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects which are not necessary to occur on its usage. But they may need medical attention to their occurrence.
Consult the doctor if you notice any of the symptoms while using the eye drop:-
- Bloody eye
- Loss of vision
- Loss in colour vision
- Change in colour of the skin
- Night blindness
- Dry eyes
- Lack of strength
- Tunnel vision
- Darkening of the eyelashes
- Increased in the sensitivity to sunlight
- Excessive tearing
- Increase in hair growth
Some other side effects are natural while using Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%). It is because they may appear at the time of using the medicines but will disappear with the completion of the usage of Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%).
The doctor will inform you about such side defects and the preventive measures associated with it. Such side effects are as follows:-
- Body pain
- Ear congestion
- Problem while breathing
- Loss of voice
- Red eyes
- Wet nose
- Sore throat
- Unusual weakness
- Burning/stinging/irritation/redness of the eye
In case you notice any of the above-mentioned side effects, do consult the doctor and seek medical attention.
What are the medicines that interact with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%)?
Your health care professional may already be aware of the drugs that show interactions with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) and will inform you about it. It is good to notify the doctor about your medical history.
But in some cases, some medicines must be applied along with Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%) but in a specific manner and with the proper dose, which will be determined by the doctor. Therefore do consult with the doctor about the drugs that you take and might be using while applying Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%).
What are the diseases that interact with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%)?
Apart from the drugs, certain other medical complications may show interactions with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) and may affect the working of the drug, such as:-
- Allergies: Do not forget to tell the doctor about the drugs that usually show interactions with your body. Also, inform the doctor about the allergies you have, if any, such as foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
If you are suffering from a certain type of glaucomas, such as angle-closure, inflammatory, or neovascular, inform the doctor about it because the medicine usually is not used in patients with such medical conditions.
- Eye diseases: There are some eye conditions, such as iritis or uveitis, that worsened with the use of Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). Consult the doctor before use.
In case you have lost the lens of the eye or a torn lens, avoid using Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) as it may cause you trouble and severe side effects, such as macular oedema.
How to use Actavis Bimatoprost 300Mcg (0.03%)?
Kindly always use the medicines as directed by the doctor. In case the doctor has prescribed you with two different eye drops, always remember to take a break of 5 minutes between applying the two eye drops.
The preservative used in this drug may get absorbed by the soft contact lenses and result in irritation of the eyes. Therefore, do not forget to take out the lenses before using the medicine. The lenses may be put back in the eyes after 15 minutes of applying for the drug.
Kindly clean your eyes and hands before using the medicine. Tilt your head back, open your eyes with the help of your fingers, followed by dropping the medicine into the eyes with care. Let the drop of the medicines cover your eye and do not blink. Close the eyes for at least 1 to 2 minutes so the medicine can be absorbed easily.
Remove all the excess medicine from your eye with cleanliness. Sometimes people do not feel the drop properly; in such cases, you can repeat the steps of applying the drops of the medicines.
Immediately go and wash your hands after you have finished applying for the medicine. In order to keep the medicine away from the germs, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface and not close your eye and close the bottle of the medicine tight.
If you have any doubt, go through the patient information insert(instruction manual) provided with the medicine. It is also advisable to use only the brand of this medicine rather than any other as it may not work the same way.
Precautions while consuming Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%)
There are some preventive measure before using Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%), such as:-
- The doctor will like to examine your eye regularly to male sure that the medicine is working efficiently and not causing unwanted side effects.
- If you experience symptoms, such as itching, redness, swelling, or other signs of irritation in the eye or eyelid. Consult the doctor in order to avoid the risk of developing allergies.
- Inform the doctor if you have any injury, trauma, or infection in the eyes or eye surgery. In such cases, the doctor will recommend you to use a new fresh bottle of Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). In case the present bottle may have become contaminated while using.
- If you are using Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) for the treatment of hypotrichosis, be careful while using it. The excess medicine that comes into contact with other skin areas increases the change of growth of hair that area.
- Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) causes the eyelashes to become thicker, longer, and darker. It results in the darkening of the eyelid skin colour and slowly turns the iris of your treated eye brown.
These changes may become permanent with time even if you stop using the medicine. It occurs only in the eye that is treated with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). The other eye may look the same, therefore do not consult the doctor regarding this.
- Go through the list of drugs that show interactions with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) to avoid side effects. Also, share your medical history with the doctor while using Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%).
- Other medical conditions, such as certain allergies, and eye disease may also interact with Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%). Therefore, do not forget to consult the doctor about such things before using the medicine.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Actavis Bimatoprost 300 Mcg (0.03%) can be harmful if swallowed and sometimes may show severe symptoms, such as passing out or difficulty in breathing. In case you experience these symptoms, seek immediate medical help.
You may also call 911 or a poison control centre at 1-800-222-1222, especially for the citizens of the United States.
In case you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. But you can skip the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose. Do not use the medicine twice at the same time.
Store the medicine between (36-77)℉ /(2-25)℃ and away from the light and moisture or in the bathroom. Always keep the medicine away from the children below 16 years.
Do not flush the eye drop down the toilet or into the drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard the medicine if it is expired or no longer needed. In case you have any confusion regarding the storage of the medicine, do not feel fear to consult the pharmacist.