What is Banocide Forte 100mg?
Banocide Forte 100mg is a prescription drug that helps in the treatment and prevention of worm infection. It is an anti-parasitic agent and each dose of Banocide Forte 100mg contains Diethylcarbamazine Citrate IP 100mg.
What is Banocide Forte used for?
Banocide Forte is used for treating worm infections. Worm infection can lead to a number of condition in the infected person’s body like swelling in the genitals, arms and legs.
Additionally, Banocide Forte is also used for the treatment of eye infections. Eye-infections in humans may lead to the following problems:
- Pain in the joints
- Pain in the connective tissues
- Disruption in the functioning of the nervous system
- Breathing disorders.
However, Banocide Forte does not cure the disorders that occur because of pinworms and tapeworms.
The drug not only treats but also prevents certain conditions, such as:-
- Lymphatic filariasis
- tropical pulmonary eosinophilia
- River Blindness
- Bancroft’s filariasis
About the manufacturers of Banocide Forte 100mg?
The medicine is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. GSK is a global healthcare company that is dedicated to the cause of innovative medicines. It has a headquarter in Mumbai, India and has a history of serving quality healthcare since the year 1924.
The company is a market leader in the research and manufacture of dermatology medicines and vaccines against life-threatening diseases.
GSK is a renowned name and has always been praised for its commitment to research and development in the healthcare industry. It also conducted a clinical study about subjects like infectious diseases, oncology and respiratory diseases in the year 2015.
The company has almost 5000 trained and qualified people and even won the award for ‘Brand of the year-2019’ and ‘Best sales and operations planning in pharma-2019’.
What are the side effects of Banocide Forte 100mg?
Usage of the drug can lead to a few side effects, such as:-
- Swelling in the glands in the neck
- Rashes in skin
- Disturbance in vision
- Drop-in blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
How to cope with the side effects of the drug?
- Coping with Nausea: to cope up with nauseating sensation, modify your eating pattern. Avoid eating a lot of food at once, rather eat in parts, slowly and drink a lot of fluid. Drink ginger tea or chew it raw as ginger helps in reducing nausea. Being sick leads to a drop of potassium level in the body. Therefore, eat foods that increase the potassium level in the body like a banana.
If the condition persists, reach out to your doctor.
- Coping with Headache: keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water and juice. Avoid over-sleeping. Take proper rest and sleep in a dark room. Avoid consumption of alcohol. If it is too severe, consult your doctor and take a painkiller.
- Coping with Dizziness: Though the situation is short-lived, you should still lie down and rest until the time you feel better. Don’t overthink about the situation and take good rest in a dark, comfortable room. Drink a lot of water, keep yourself hydrated. Avoid any kind of psychoactive drug and alcohol. Cut down on caffiene too.
What are the medicines that interact with Banocide?
Banocide should not be taken if you are on antimalarial drugs. Also, the medicine interacts with Acetazolamide and hence, taking both simultaneously should be avoided.
Does Banocide interact with Alcohol?
Interaction of the drug with alcohol is unknown. To avoid any mishaps, consult your doctor before consumption.
Precautions/Warning- When should you NOT take the drug?
Avoid using Banocide Forte 100mg in certain conditions, such as:-
- Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant. Banocide can have some serious impact on the development of the fetus.
- Also, the lactating mother should avoid the consumption of the medicine. While breastfeeding, the medicine can pass onto children and cause serious side effects.
- Carefully read all the ingredients of the medicine on the package and avoid consumption of Banocide if you are hypersensitive to any of them.
- Consume medicine only after having a meal.
- Before consuming the medicine, make sure to check the expiry date of the product
- Sometimes, the efficacy of the drug is reduced due to other over the counter drugs. Therefore, make sure to consult your doctor and discuss your health history and the medicines or supplements that you are on.
- Avoid doing any heavy work after taking the medicine as Banocide Forte 100mg causes drowsiness.
What if I miss a dose?
The dose of the medicine depends on the recommendation of your doctor. Do not overdose it. In case you miss a dose, continue with your further schedule. Do not repeat the dose.
How to consume medicine?
Consume Banocide Forte 100mg as a whole. Swallow it down with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush it.