About Careprost 3ml. of 0.03%
Careprost 3ml. Of 0.03% is an eye drop helps in the treatment of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. It is a medical condition that occurs in humans with an increase in age. The generic name of this medicine is Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution.
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd, India manufactures Careprost 3 ml. Of 0.03%. This eye drop is used to cure high pressure in the eyes preventing open-angle type(glaucoma) and other eye diseases, such as ocular hypertension.
Careprost 3 ml. Of 0.03% cures the disease by regulating the flow(pressure) of fluid in the eyes to optimum pressure and prevents causing pain. It also treats eyelash hypotrichosis(not enough eyelashes) by increasing the growth of eyelashes, making it longer, thicker, and darker.
What is Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% used for?
Careprost 3 ml. Of 0.03% is an eye drop for preventing the eyes from getting damage through multiple medical complications, such as:-
- Glaucoma: It is a group of eye conditions that results in abnormally high pressure in the eyes. As a result, it causes blindness by damaging the optic nerves, which are responsible for good vision. It has turned into a leading cause of blindness for people over the age of 60.
Careprost 3 ml of 0.03% regulates the pressure in the eyes preventing the optic nerves from damaging.
- Ocular hypertension: It is a medical condition in which an intraocular pressure becomes greater than 21 mm Hg either in one or both the eyes.
Careprost 3 ml of 0.03% helps to maintain the intraocular pressure and also contributes to optic nerves to appear normal.
- Hypotrichosis: It is a medical condition in which there is no or little growth of hair occurs on areas, such as eyebrows, eyelashes, and other areas of the body where hair does grow normally.
Careprost 3 ml of 0.03% also helps in the growth of eyelashes preventing the eyes from getting damaged by foreign particles.
About Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% manufacturer
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited manufactures Careprost 3 ml of 0.03%. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company with a headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The products manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited are primarily active in India and also in the United States.
The company vision is to reach people and touch lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. It was established by Mr.Dilip Shanghvi in 1983 with five psychiatry products along with a two marketing team and also sets up a compact manufacturing facility for tablets and capsules at Vapi, Gujrat.
Now, the company has turned into the most significant chronic prescription company in India. It has become a market leader in various sectors of medical science, such as psychiatry, cardiology, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, gastroenterology, and nephrology.
Strengths of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%
Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% have multiple strengths in the field of medical science and can cure the following complications:-
- Intraocular hypertension: Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% regulates the intraocular pressure by maintaining the pressure below 21 mm of Hg. It prevents the optic nerves from causing any damage that is responsible for good vision.
- Glaucoma: lt is another strength of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% that helps in the treatment of glaucoma by preventing hypertension in the eyes.
- Hypotrichosis: Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% also plays a marvelous role in treating hypotrichosis, blocking the foreign matters from entering the eyes.
Possible side effects:
Additional to the needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects which are not necessary to occur on its usage. But they may need medical attention to their occurrence.
Consult the doctor if you notice any of the symptoms while using the eye drop:-
- Bloody eye
- Loss of vision
- Loss in color vision
- Change in color of the skin
- Night blindness
- Dry eyes
- Lack of strength
- Tunnel vision
- Darkening of the eyelashes
- Increased in the sensitivity to sunlight
- Excessive tearing
- Increase in hair growth
Some other side effects are considered natural while using Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%. These side effects are considered natural because they may appear at the time of using the medicines but will disappear with the completion of the usage of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%.
The doctor will inform you about such side defects and the preventive measures associated with it. Such side effects are as follows:-
- Body pain
- Ear congestion
- Problem while breathing
- Loss of voice
- Red eyes
- Wet nose
- Sore throat
- Unusual weakness
- Burning/stinging/irritation/redness of the eye
In case you notice any of the above-mentioned side effects, do consult the doctor and seek medical attention.
What are the medicines that interact with Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%?
Your health care professional may already be aware of the drugs that show interactions with Careprost 3 ml of 0.03% and will inform you about it. Please notify the doctor about your medical history.
But in some cases, some medicines must be applied along with Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% but in a specific manner and with the proper dose, which will be determined by the doctor. Therefore do consult with the doctor about the drugs that you take and might be using while applying Careprost 3ml of 0.03%.
What are the diseases that interact with Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%?
Apart from the drugs, there are certain other medical complications that may show interactions with Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% and may affect the working of the drug, such as:-
- Allergies: Do not forget to tell the doctor about the drugs that usually show interactions with your body. Also, inform the doctor about the allergies you have, if any, such as foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- If you are suffering from a certain type of glaucomas, such as angle-closure, inflammatory, or neovascular, inform the doctor about it because the medicine is normally not used in patients with such medical conditions.
- Eye diseases: There are some eye conditions, such as iritis or uveitis that worsened with the use of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% and should be informed to the doctor.
- In case you have lost the lens of the eye or a torn lens, avoid using Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% as it may cause you trouble and severe side effects, such as macular oedema.
How to use Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%?
Kindly always use the medicines as directed by the doctor. In case the doctor has prescribed you with two different eye drops, always remember to take a break of 5 minutes between applying the two eye drops.
The preservative used in this drug may get absorbed by the soft contact lenses and result in irritation of the eyes. Therefore, do not forget to take out the lenses before using the medicine. The lenses may be put back in the eyes after 15 minutes of applying for the medicine.
Kindly clean your eyes and hands before using the medicine. Tilt your head back, open your eye with the help of your fingers, followed by dropping the medicine into the eyes with care. Let the drop of the medicines cover your eye and do not blink. Close the eyes for at least 1 to 2 minutes for applying the medicine properly.
Remove all the excess medicine from your eye with cleanliness. Sometimes people do not feel the drop properly; in such cases, you can repeat the steps of applying the drops of the medicines.
Immediately go and wash your hands after you have finished applying for the medicine. In order to keep the medicine away from the germs, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface and not eye your eye and close the bottle of the medicine tight.
If you have any doubt, go through the patient information insert(instruction manual) provided with the medicine. Always use the brand of this medicine instead of any other as it may not work the same way.
Precautions while consuming Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%
Points to remember before using Careprost 3ml Of 0.03%, such as:-
- The doctor will like to examine your eye regularly to make sure that the medicine is working efficiently.
- Consult the doctor in case you experience symptoms, such as itching, redness, swelling, or other signs of irritation in the eye or eyelid. These signs may indicate that you might be at the risk of developing allergies.
- Inform the doctor if you have any injury, trauma, or infection in the eyes or eye surgery. In such cases, the doctor will recommend you to use a new fresh bottle of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%. This is because the present bottle may become contaminated while using.
- While using Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% wipe the excess medicine that comes into contact with other skin areas. This is because of the change of growth of hair increases in the areas that come in contact with the medicine.
- Careprost 3ml Of 0.03% causes the eyelashes to become thicker, longer, and darker. It results in the darkening of the eyelid skin colour and also slowly turns the iris of your treated eye into more brown.
These changes may become permanent with time even if you stop using the medicine, and occurs only in the eye that is treated with Careprost 3ml Of 0.03%. The other eye may look the same, therefore do no consult the doctor regarding this.
- Go through the list of drugs that show interactions with Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03% to avoid any unwanted side effects. Also, share your medical history with the doctor while using Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%.
- Additionally, there are other medical conditions, such as certain allergies, and eye disease that may interact with Careprost 3ml Of 0.03%. Therefore, do not forget to consult the doctor about such things before using the medicine.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Swallowing the medicine can be harmful and may show severe complications, such as passing out or difficulty in breathing. In case you experience these symptoms, seek immediate medical help.
You may also call 911 or a poison control centre at 1-800-222-1222, especially for the citizens of the United States.
In case you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember, but you can skip the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose. Do not use the medicine twice at the same time.
Storage of Careprost 3 ml Of 0.03%
Keep the medicine between (36-77)℉ /(2-25)℃ away from the light and moisture. Always keep the medicine away from the children below 16 years.
Do not flush the eye drop down the toilet or into the drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard the medicine if it is expired or no longer needed. If you have any confusion regarding the storage of the medicine, do not feel fear to consult the pharmacist.