What Is Fildena 100 mg?
Fildena 100 Mg is a medicine for the treatment of sexual function problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Fildena 100 Mg is the brand name of the medicine with the generic name known as Sildenafil Citrate.
Fortune Healthcare Pvt Ltd manufactures it. Fildena 100 Mg is a more potent dose of erectile dysfunction medication by exciting the flow of blood through the penis.
Fildena 100 Mg falls under the category of drugs called phosphodiesterase(PDE) containing an active quantity of sildenafil citrate. Hence, the enzyme called phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors present in the penis helps it to relax back to its normal state after sexual intercourse.
Fildena 100 Mg works on phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors making it less efficient as a result of keeping the penis in erection position even after sexual intercourse.
Do keep in mind that the drug will not work without the physical action of the penis that happens during sexual intercourse.
What is Fildena 100 Mg tablet used for?
Fildena 100 Mg is also known as a ‘magic pill’ that helps men who are facing trouble in keeping their penis erector for a more extended period of time. Sexual impotence, such as erectile dysfunction, is a common problem for men all over the world.
It is also known as ‘Purple Triangle Pill’ that is used to increase the flow of blood through the penis, causing it to remain erect for 4 hours. Fildena 100 Mg also cure pulmonary arterial hypertension, but the primary use of this drug is to treat sexual stimulation in men.
Do not consume the medicine with nitrate drugs for chest pain or problems, such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, and some recreational drugs such as “poppers”.
Some of the medicines may show drug interactions with Fildena 100 Mg and can result in unwanted or dangerous effects. Hence, inform your doctor about all the drugs that you consume.
About the Fildena 100 Mg manufacturer
Fildena 100 Mg is manufactured by an Indian company called Fortune Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified pharmaceutical company that has been manufacturing, trading, and supplying health care solutions since 2009.
In fact, from many decades, the company has maintained its position as one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical companies based in Gujarat, India. The company has been successfully maintained the reputation for making safe and premium quality drugs in various therapeutic areas.
The company has been working in different medical sectors, such as Ayurvedic, Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Biotic, and Veterinary products. The products manufactured by the company are now applicable in government, semi-government institutions that are prescribed by regular practitioners.
The vision of the company is to be the most valued pharmaceutical company globally. Its mission is to manufacture and provide the finest quality of generic drugs at the most economical rate, contributing in order to enhance the quality of human life and a healthier society.
Strengths of Fildena 100 Mg
There are some strengths or benefits of Fildena 100 Mg, for example:-
- Fildena 100 Mg is primarily used to cure erectile dysfunction in two ways, such as:-
- By increasing the flow of blood through the penis and
- By preventing the enzyme (phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors) from functioning. This enzyme is present in the penis that helps it to get back to its normal position after sexual intercourse.
- It gives long drug action time resulting in long-lasting and emotional sex.
- Available at a reasonable price and in various forms.
Possible side effects of Fildena 100 Mg
Fildena 100 Mg generally do not show any side effects. Although, it has been observed that men consuming the drug do not experience any side effects. Side effects can occur due to various other reasons, due to drug interaction or disease interactions.
There are some side effects of Fildena 100 Mg, such as:-
- Stomach upset
- Loss of vision
- Colour blindness
- Extra strain on the heart during sexual intercourse
- Chest/jaw/left arm pain
- Nausea (severe or continuing)
- Allergic reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive hunger
- Sore throat
- Sensitivity to light
- Prolonged, painful erection of the penis
- Sensitivity to light
- Bladder pain
- burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
- cloudy or bloody urine
- increased frequency of urination
- pain while urinating
- stomach upset
- tenderness in the stomach area
- Abnormal vision
- behaviour change similar to drunkenness
- bleeding of the eye
- blurred vision
- bone pain
- breast enlargement
- chest pain
- cold sweats
- convulsions (seizures)
- cool and pale skin
- deafness or hearing loss
- A decrease in the amount of urine or the frequency of urination
- decreased vision
- difficulty while concentrating
- double vision
- dry eyes
- dry mouth
- dryness, redness, scaling, or peeling of the skin
- pain in the eye
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- A feeling of something in the eye
- fever or chills
- headache (severe or continuing)
- increase in the size of the pupil
- increased sweating
- increased thirst
- lower back or side pain
- migraine headache
- numbness of the hands
- painful, swollen joints
- redness, burning, or swelling of the eyes
- redness, itching, or tearing of the eyes
- restless sleep
- seeing shades of colours differently than before
- skin lesions with swelling
- skin ulcers
- slurred speech
- sore throat
- skin paleness
- sudden weakness
- swelling of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- trouble breathing
- twitching of the muscles
- An unusual feeling of burning or stinging of the skin
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vision loss, temporary
Incidence not known
Different drugs interact differently. Therefore there must be other side effects that might not be mentioned above. So if you experience any of these or something similar to these, do consult your doctor about it.
What are the medicines that interact with Fildena 100 Mg?
Here is a list of medicines that generally show interaction with Fildena 100 Mg, but the list does not contain all the possible drugs reacting with Fildena 100 Mg. Therefore, do consult your doctor about the medicines you may take along with Fildena 100 Mg.
Do not start or stop taking any drug without consulting the doctor while consuming FIldena 100 Mg. Some products interact with Fildena 100 Mg, such as:-
- Alpha-blocker drugs(Doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- Azole antifungals(Itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics(Clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Propatyl Nitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
Some drugs might be used with Fildena 100 Mg but should be according to the doctor’s prescription, such as:-
What are the diseases that react with Fildena 100 Mg?
Some of the diseases show interactions with Fildena because the treatment involved in such diseases may involve drugs. These drugs may react with Fildena 100 Mg and can cause severe side effects, such as:-
- Cardiovascular disease: The use of phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors is not considered good for patients having cardiovascular disease and are at potential cardiac risk while performing sexual activity.
Physicians consider the vasodilatory effect of these drugs and the adverse effects that patients may have to face while underlying cardio-and/or life-threatening arrhythmia within the last six months.
There are other severe adverse cardiovascular effects that have been reported in such cases, such as angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, AV block, ventricular arrhythmia, tachycardia, palpitation, hypotension, postural hypotension, syncope, cerebral thrombosis, cerebrovascular haemorrhage, transient ischemic attack, cardiac arrest, heart failure, and hypertension.
- Renal dysfunction: The plasma clearance of phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors may get reduced because of the accumulation of the medicine resulting in severe renal impairment.
Treatment with such drugs should be prevented for persons having a severe renal disease or renal dialysis. In case these patients need Fildena 100 Mg, the dose should be adjusted according to the individual renal assessment and tolerability.
- Pulmonary disease: Consumption of Fildena 100 Mg for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH) in patients suffering from the pulmonary veno-occlusive disease(PVOD) is not recommended because it significantly worsens the cardiovascular status of such patients.
- Priapism: A person consuming Fildena 100 Mg may face prolonged erection for more than 4 hours because the medicine contains phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors resulting in penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency if not treated promptly.
Such medicines must be used with care in patients in patients having medical conditions, such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma, or leukaemia, and those with anatomical deformation of the penis (such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or Peyronie’s disease).
- Alcoholism: Consumption of alcohol may enhance the pressure-lowering effects of mild vasodilators, such as phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors. Hence, people consuming too much alcohol should limit their consumption while taking Fildena 100 Mg.
- Hearing loss: Use of Fildena 100 Mg containing phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) inhibitors results in a sudden decrease in hearing power followed by tinnitus or dizziness. Therefore, people suffering from hearing problems should not consume Fildena 100 Mg.
- Seizure disorders: The use of Fildena 100 Mg(phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors) is associated with seizures as a result, therapy with this drug should be administered carefully in patients with preexisting seizure disorders.
- Liver disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
How does Fildena 100 Mg work?
Consume the drug orally according to the direction of the doctor. In order to get the best results, consume the amount of Fildena as directed by the doctor. You may also go through the instructions provided with the medicine.
It is not necessary to consume this medicine with or without food, and you can consume it in any way. In case you are using an oral liquid form of Fildena, do shake it thoroughly for at least 10 seconds before measuring each dose.
This medicine begins to work within 30 minutes after consuming the drug and continues to keep the erection for at least 4 hours. Always use the brand of the medicine rather than different brands that may not work in the same way.
Consume Fildena 100mg with water just 1 hour or 30 minutes before the time of action.
Precautions while consuming Fildena 100 Mg
To avoid any severe side effects, do take preventive measures, such as:-
- If you are using other drugs, do check it with the list of medicines that show interactions with Fildena 100 Mg, or you should consult your doctor before taking any medication while consuming Fildena 100 Mg. As other drugs, such as nitrates, show severe interactions with Fildena 100 Mg, medicines used for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- If you have pulmonary arterial hypertension and consuming Fildena 100 Mg go for a regular blood pressure check-up because the dose may change with your condition.
- Do not forget to inform the doctor about recent medical history, especially if you ever had or have any heart disease.
- If a person is suffering from hypertension, go for immediate medical help if you experience complications, such as blurred vision, faintness, dizziness. This is because the drug may decrease blood pressure.
- Do not take more than the necessary dosages of the medicine in order to get the best results rather than consume it in its proper way.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Overdose of this medicine can lead to symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, or painful/prolonged erection. Search for immediate medical help in order to deal with such situations.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222 in order to seek immediate medical attention.
Storage of Fildena 100 Mg
Keep Fildena 100 Mg away from the light and moisture and keep the medicine out of reach from the children. In case you need more help with handling the medicine, do consult the health care professional.