What is Klox D 500mg?
Klox D 500mg is a penicillin-like antibiotic that helps in the treatment of bacterial infections of the skin, bone, respiratory tract, etc. caused by susceptible bacteria. But it does not make that effective to cure a common cold, flu, or other viral infections.
Klox-D(Dicloxacillin) also helps in the treatment of infections that are caused by bacteria, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, or staphylococcal (also called “staph”) infections.
Dicloxacillin is the chemical present in this medicine, and it is also known as its generic name. It is manufactured by Hetero Healthcare Ltd.
What is Klox 500mg used for?
Klox(Dicloxacillin) 500mg is a penicillin-type antibiotic that treats a wide variety of bacterial infections. It works by preventing the growth of bacteria.
Such antibiotics cure only bacterial infections but do not fight against viral infections, such as common cold, flu. Consuming any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
Klox-D(Dicloxacillin) also helps in the treatment of infections that occurs because of bacteria, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, or staphylococcal (also called “staph”) infections, bacterial infections of the skin, bone, respiratory tract, etc.
About the manufacturer of Klox D 500mg
Hetero Healthcare Ltd. is an Innovative Pharmaceutical Company in India that manufactures Klox D 500mg. It has a headquarter at Hyderabad and catered to a different product of various therapeutic groups.
The company focuses on improving the quality of life of the people with their product line and along with the help of continuous Research and Development process. The team uses all its experience and skills in order to gain from the century to add its benefits for the development of humans.
The employees of the company are more committed to finding tomorrow’s cures and treatments for some of the most severe diseases. The company believes that new medicines are an integral part of the health care system.
Hetero Healthcare helps in improving patients conditions by leveraging the industry-wide experience, high technology expertise, comprehensive portfolio of all its products, and vertically aligned business model for the upliftment of human life.
It has strengths of vertical integration of marketing division with novel discovery Research, Process Chemistry, and Formulation Development.
Strengths of Klox D 500mg
Klox is available is in various strengths, such as:-
- Klox 250mg
- Klox 500mg
The medicine is beneficial in treating bacterial infections of the skin, bone, respiratory tract, etc. caused by susceptible bacteria. But it does not make that effective to cure a common cold, flu, or other viral infections.
Along with some necessary effects the medicine may also cause some side effects because of many reasons, such as interactions of other medicines, disease, or food.
Your body may also react to Tetracycline unknowingly and can show side effects.
Therefore, here is a list of side effects for your convenience that may occur while consuming Klox(Dicloxacillin), such as:-
- Itching or swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
- Difficulty while breathing
- Persistent diarrhoea
- abdominal or stomach pain/cramping
- Blood/mucus in your stool
- Severe dizziness
- Skin rash
- Stomach upset
- Renal insufficiency
What are the medicines that interact with Klox 500mg?
There are a total of 30 known drugs that show interactions with dicloxacillin, the chemical present in the medicine, such as:-
- Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate)
- Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin)
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim)
- Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
What are the diseases that interact with Klox 500mg?
There are a total of 4 known diseases that interact with Klox D 500mg, such as:-
- Marrow toxicity
- Cystic fibrosis
How to consume Klox 500mg?
Follow all instructions available on the prescription label. Do not consume the medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for a longer duration than required.
Consume Klox(dicloxacillin) 500mg orally with a glass of water on an empty stomach for at least 1 hour before the meal or 2 hours after a meal.
In order to avoid heartburn or stomach irritation, do not consume Klox(dicloxacillin) 500mg while you are lying down or getting ready to go to bed.
Keep consuming the medicine for the full prescribed length of time. Your condition may improve before the compilation of the treatment.
Skipping of doses may also increase the risk of further infection, which is resistant to antibiotics. Avoid sharing this drug with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Precautions while consuming Klox 500mg
- Do not consume Klox(dicloxacillin) 500mg if you are allergic to dicloxacillin or to any other antibiotic, for example:-
- oxacillin; or
- In order to be safe, inform the doctor if you are suffering from:-
- a stomach illness (nausea, vomiting, digestive problems);
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder;
- a history of diarrhoea caused by consuming antibiotics; or
- A history of any type of allergy (especially cephalosporins such as Ceclor, Ceftin, Duricef, Keflex, and others).
- The consequences are still unknown whether the drug will harm an unborn baby or not. Inform the doctor if you are expecting a baby or planning to become pregnant before consuming this drug.
- Klox(Dicloxacillin)500mg can reduce the effect of birth control pills. Consult with the doctor about using this non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) in order to prevent pregnancy.
- Klox 500mg can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the nursing baby. It is better to inform the doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby while consuming this medicine.
- Consult with the doctor before giving the medicine to any child.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Overdose of this medicine can lead to symptoms, such as severe vomiting, persistent diarrhoea, unusual change in the amount of urine, or seizures. Search for immediate medical help in such situations.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222 to seek immediate medical attention.
Storage of Klox 500mg
Keep Klox 500mg away from the light, moisture, and children. In case you need further help regarding handling the medicine, do consult the health care professional.