What is Suhagra 100mg?
Suhagra 100mg is a medicine used in the treatment of sexual problems in men, such as erectile dysfunction and other related issues related to impotence and more. The drug falls under the category of phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor that relaxes the blood vessels and improves the flow of blood through that particular area.
Suhagra is the brand name of the medicine which is also known by its generic name called Sildenafil. Suhagra 100 mg also helps in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH).
Cipla Ltd manufactures Suhagra 100mg. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company with a headquarter in Mumbai, India.
Suhagra 100mg having phosphodiesterase(PDE), an active quantity of sildenafil citrate. Suhagra 100mg is considered the most common adequate prescription fertility that is highly recommended by the doctor in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and impotence in men.
The penis contains an enzyme known as phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors that help in reducing the erection of the penis. Suhagra 100mg falls under the category of drugs known as phosphodiesterase5 (PDE5) inhibitors and prevents this enzyme from functioning quickly and thus keeping the penis in erection position even after sexual intercourse.
Note that such a drug will not work without the physical action of the penis that occurs during sexual intercourse. Suhagra 100mg is available only through the doctor’s prescription and is available in both tablet and powdered form for suspension.
What is Suhagra 100mg used for?
Suhagra 100mg is used to treat male sexual problems, such as impotence or erectile dysfunction by increasing the flow of blood in the male reproductive organ, penis. Remember that this drug does not protect against any sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhoea, syphilis.
Suhagra 100mg increases the flow of blood in the penis in order to make it erect. Additionally, it does not let the enzyme known as phosphodiesterase(PDE) present in the penis from function quickly. This enzyme is responsible for making the pains flaccid. Therefore, these two actions of the drug give a durable firm erection.
Additionally, Suhagra 100mg is also used for both men and women to cure the signs and symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (blood pressure that occurs between the heart and the lungs). It occurs when the blood vessels in the lungs become narrow, causing resistance to the flow of blood and making it difficult for the heart to beat.
Suhagra 100mg relaxes the blood vessels by working on the PDE5 enzyme present in the lungs. Additionally, it increases the flow of blood to the lungs reducing the workload of the heart.
About the Suhagra 100mg manufacturer
An Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, Cipla manufactures Suhagra 100mg. The company primarily makes medicines to cure medical complications, such as respiratory problems, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression.
Although, the Chemical Industrial and Pharmaceutical Laboratories(CIPLA) started with the aim of self-sufficiency for India in pharmaceutical medicines and was registered as a public limited company on August 17, 1935.
Additionally, the company celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2015 with a strong legacy and future. It acquires 100% of the share capital of Cipla Medpro(South Africa).
It continually works towards ensuring access to high quality and affordable medicines to support patients in need. As a result, the company has build trust by health care professionals and patients across geographies for the last 8 decades.
In fact, the on-roll employees of all Cipla entities run on the code of conduct of the company, which says. ‘Our code of conduct confirms our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer with no discrimination or harassment and a drug-free workplace.’
Strengths of Suhagra 100mg
There are some advantages of consuming Suhagra 100mg, such as:-
- Suhagra 100mg is the cheapest economical medicine in order to treat erectile dysfunction.
- The drug gives a long-lasting erection.
- It is easy for anyone to purchase the drug because it is available both online and in the local stores.
- Suhagra 100mg is a highly used drug destroying the difficulties and demand for medicine.
- It also cures pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Possible side effects of Suhagra 100mg
Suhagra 100mg usually does not show any unwanted side effects in men consuming it. Adverse side effects may occur due to drug or disease interactions.
The Suhagra 100mg side effects are categorized below, such as:-
- Redness on skin
- Difficulty while sleeping
- Pain in the eyes
- Difficulty while breathing
- Pain in the muscles
- Bleeding nose
- Stomach upset and pain
- Pain while urinating
- Pain in the bladder
- Burning sensation in the chest or stomach
- Blood in urine
- Frequently urinating
- Feeling of numbness, crawling, itching, numbness
Rare side effects
- Cool and pale skin
- Lack of concentration
- Dryness of the mouth
- Loss of vision
- Bleeding in the eye
- Pain in the bone and chest
- Cold sweat
- Mental depression
- Prolonged, painful erection of the penis
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin ulcers
- Excessive hunger
- Fever or chills
- Increased thirst and sweating
- Sore throat
- Twitching of the muscles
You may not see some other side effects in the above list. In case you feel any kind of symptoms, do not ignore it. Instead, consult the doctor about it in order to avoid any severe medical complications.
- Priapism warning: Priapism is a medical condition in which the erection won’t go away. The condition will become serious if an erection that lasts for more than 4 hours. In such a situation, call 911 and go for immediate medical help. It may occur in case of overdose or improper way of using the medicine.
- Sudden hearing loss: Improper consumption may show interactions and can result in hearing loss, tinnitus(ringing in the ears) or dizziness. Stop taking any more dose of Suhagra 100mg in case you start to experience any of such symptoms.
- Sudden vision loss: Suhagra 100mg may cause some side effects, such as sudden vision loss in either one or both the eyes. Therefore, consider it a serious health issue and stop taking the drug in such cases.
What are the medicines that interact with Suhagra 100mg?
Medical science has reached that point of success where a person can consume more than one drug simultaneously, even if the interaction might occur. But the doctor will have to change the dose or may have to take certain necessary precautions in consuming the medicine.
However, do not consume Suhagra 100mg with another drug in order to prevent the chance of having any medical complications. Some medicines may show interaction with Suhagra 100mg, such as:-
- Erythrityl Tetranitrate
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Amyl Nitrite
- Propatyl Nitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
You may need to consume some medicines with Suhagra 100mg for some medical conditions. But it is better to consume it according to the doctor’s prescription.
- Amyl Nitrite
What are the diseases that interact with Suhagra 100mg?
Some diseases show interaction with Suhagra 100 mg, such as:-
- Cardiovascular disease: This drug can lower the blood pressure of the body. In case a person is suffering from cardiovascular disease in the last six months, consult the doctor before consuming it. Whereas it may lead to complications, such as a stroke, heart attack, or life-threatening improper rhythm of the heartbeat.
- Pulmonary disease: As the drug affects the rhythm of the heartbeat, it will alter the pulmonary artery that can lead to worsening the heart function. Hence, people suffering from pulmonary diseases should consult the doctor before consuming Suhagra 100mg.
- Peyronie’s disease: It is a type of disease in which the problems arises with the shape of the penis. Using Suhagra 100mg while suffering from such a condition will worsen the situation and sometimes may cause you erection more than 4 hours.
- Sickle cell anaemia: Use of Suhagra 100mg may cause you pain in sickle cell anaemia known as the vaso-occlusive crisis. Hence, consult the doctor if you fall under this condition before consuming the medicine.
- Stomach ulcers or bleeding: The use of Suhagra 100mg increases the risk of developing ulcers, stomach bleeding, or tiny holes in the lining of the digestive system. These medical conditions can be fatal, so if you have stomach ulcers and are thinking of using Suhagra 100mg, do not forget to consult the doctor before use.
- Loss of hearing
- Liver disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Renal dysfunction
- Seizure disorders
How does Suhagra 100mg work?
Always consume Suhagra 100mg as directed by the doctor. Always remember to follow instructions as provided in the prescription because the medicine will work efficiently and without any unwanted side effects only when used correctly. Hence, the patient should follow the instructions of consuming the drug and its dosage.
Consume Suhagra 100mg orally with a glass of water without being chewing, crushing or swallowing it entirely. In fact, there is no harm in consuming the drug with an empty stomach.
The drug is available with various other brand names containing the same salt(Sildenafil citrate), and the dosage for all of them is different from one another.
Revatio used to relax the muscles of the blood vessels to increase the flow of blood through a particular area. It generally helps in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, improving exercise capacity in both men and women. It is usually taken three times every day with a duration of 4 to 6 hours.
Another drug is containing the same salt used to treat erectile dysfunction known as Viagra. Usually, it is good to have viagra 30 minutes to 1 hour before the sexual activity.
It will take almost 4 hours for the penis to return to its normal state after taking the drug. Do not consume Viagra more than once in one day.
Precautions while consuming Suhagra 100mg
Here is a list of points that a person should take care of while consuming Suhagra 100mg.
- During an emergency medical condition, do inform the doctor that you are consuming Suhagra 100mg, especially people suffering from heart problems.
- Avoid using Suhagra 100mg with nitrate drugs that usually treats angina or hypertension. Such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide, Nitro-Bid, etc.
- Go for a regular check-up in case you are a heart patient suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension. To allow the doctor to regulate the medicine according to the medical condition.
- Do not take any other drug containing tadalafil, such as Viagra, Vardenafil, Cialis, etc. Inform the doctor if you ever have or had heart disease.
- In case you have already consumed medicines for hypertension, you may feel symptoms, such as blurred vision, confusion, faintness, or dizziness because Suhagra 100mg decreases the blood pressure. Inform your doctor about such experiences if you fall under this category.
- Immediately consult the doctor in case the erection lasts for more than 4 hours or more, causing pain. Such conditions require immediate medical treatment.
Do not take any other drug without consulting the doctor as it may show severe interactions causing side effects.
Suhagra 100mg is not for the use of children even though medicine can cure both erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH).
- Some medical conditions may get worse with the use of Suhagra 100mg, such as cardiovascular disease, stomach ulcer, sickle cell anaemia, Peyronie’s disease, pulmonary diseases, liver disease, retinitis pigmentosa, or seizure disorders.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
Overdose symptoms include dizziness, fainting, or painful/prolonged erection. If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Suhagra 100mg
Keep Suhagra 100mg(Sildenafil) in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, ask your healthcare professional, how to handle the drug.