About Vilitra 20mg
Vilitra 20mg is used to treat male sexual function problems, such as impotence or erectile dysfunction-ED. In combination with sexual stimulation, Vilitra works by increasing blood flow to the penis in order to help a man get and keep an erection. It is manufactured in India by Centurion Laboratories and is an over the counter drug, found easily at medical stores and pharmacies.
This drug does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhoea, syphilis. Practice “safe sex” such as using latex condoms. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
What is Vilitra 20mg used for?
Vilitra 20mg is used all over the world in order to treat Erectile Dysfunction, a physical/psychological condition that is faced by men of all ages. If you are finding it difficult to achieve an erection or lose your erections very easily then Vilitra 20mg is the cure for your miseries. The drug relaxes the muscles of the blood vessels in your body or wherever it is needed and this enables the blood flow to increase automatically. Your erection will last for long hours which will help you to have sexual intercourse with your partner without any hindrance.
About the manufacturers
Centurion Laboratories, established in the year 2006, is acknowledged as a trustworthy manufacturer and exporter of Pharmaceutical Drugs. What they manufacture is inclusive of Allopathic Medicines, Erectile Dysfunction Medicines, Antiseptic Ointments, Antibacterials and Antibiotics, Anti T.B. Medicines and Cardiovascular Medicines, etc.
The range of medicines is formulated under the supervision of experts, who strictly follow the set norms and guidelines of the industry.
Available strengths of Vilitra are:
- Super Vilitra
- 10 mg Tablet
- 40 mg Tablet
- 60 mg Tablet
Possible side-effects of Vilitra 20mg
The chance of having a side effect is described by the following categories:
may affect more than 1 in 10 users
may affect up to 1 in 10 users
- Blocked or runny nose
may affect up to 1 in 100 users
- Swelling of skin and mucous tissue including the swollen face, lips or throat
- Sleep disorder
- Numbness and impaired perception of touch
- Effects on vision, redness of the eye, effects on colour vision, eye pain and discomfort, light sensitivity
- Ringing in the ears, vertigo
- Fast heartbeat or pounding heart
- Stuffy nose
- Acid reflux, gastritis, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, vomiting; feeling sick (nausea), dry mouth
- Raised levels of liver enzymes in your blood
- Rash, reddened skin
- Back or muscle pain, increase in the blood of a muscle enzyme (creatine phosphokinase), muscle stiffness
- Prolonged erections
may affect up to 1 in 1,000 users
- Inflammation of the eyes (conjunctivitis)
- Allergic reaction
- Increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma), lacrimation increased
- Effects on the heart (such as heart attack, altered heartbeat or angina)
- High or low blood pressure
- Nose bleed
- Effect on results of blood tests to check liver function
- The sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Painful erections
- Chest pain
- Temporarily decreased blood flow to parts of the brain
Very rare or not known:
may affect less than 1 in 10,000 users or frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
- Blood in the urine (Haematuria)
- Penile bleeding (Penile Haemorrhage)
- Presence of blood in the semen (Haematospermia)
- Sudden death
- Bleeding in the brain
What are the medicines that interact with Vilitra 20mg?
Before taking this, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it, or in case you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for further details.
Be sure to inform your doctor about your medical history before taking the drug. Some medications that interact with Vilitra are, but not limited to:
- Antifungal medications
- Blood pressure medications
- Some antibiotics
- HIV medications
- Hepatitis C medications
The medicines that may especially cause problems are:
- Nitrates, medicines for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with Levitra could seriously affect your blood pressure. Talk to a doctor without taking Levitra.
- Medicine for the treatment of arrhythmias, such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone or sotalol
- Ritonavir or indinavir, medicines for HIV. Talk to a doctor without taking Levitra.
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole, antifungal medicines
- Erythromycin or clarithromycin, macrolide antibiotics
- Alpha-blockers, a type of medicine consumed because of high blood pressure and enlargement of the prostate (as benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Do not use Levitra film-coated tablets combined with any other treatment for erectile dysfunction, such as Levitra orodispersible tablets. It must not be taken with other drugs that treat erectile dysfunction or drugs in order to avoid prostate disorders.
What are the diseases that interact with Vilitra 20mg?
- If in the past 6 months, you have suffered from any kind of heart problems such as heart failure, chest pain/angina, heart attack or a life-threatening unusual heartbeat, then you should not take this drug.
- In case you suffer from eye infections like retinitis pigmentosa, a genetic eye disorder of the eyes, that could lead to a loss in vision, you should not take it.
- Stop using this drug in case you are suffering from any kind of liver infection.
- People suffering from any kind of conditions, such as the risk of priapism increasing, multiple myeloma, leukaemia or sickle cell anaemia need to stop using this medicine.
- In case you suffer from a kidney infection, stop consuming the medicine.
- People having conditions, such as angulation, Peyronie’s disease and cavernosal fibrosis do not need to take Vilitra 20mg.
- In case you have an illness that can cause erections which won’t go away (priapism). These include sickle cell disease, multiple myeloma and leukaemia.
- In medical conditions, such as stomach ulcers, gastric or peptic ulcers people need to avoid Vilitra 20mg.
- If you have a bleeding disorder, such as haemophilia avoid Vilitra 20mg.
- Do not consume Vilitra 20mg in case you are using any other treatments for erection difficulties, for example, Levitra orodispersible tablets (see section Other medicines and Levitra).
- In case you have a sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop taking Levitra and contact your doctor immediately.
How to consume Vilitra 20mg?
- Use Vilitra 20mg as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole and do not chew or crush it.
- Always wash hands before taking the Vilitra 20mg.
- Use it with meals.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip it if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine in order to make up for the missed dose. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses as this can cause some serious complications.
This drug should only be used as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take more than one tablet in a day as it can lead to overdose, resulting in the occurrence of health complications.
What to do in case of an overdose of Villitra 20mg?
Men who take too much Vilitra may experience more side effects or may get severe back pain. If you take more Vilitra than you should, tell your doctor. Stop taking Vilitra and contact your doctor immediately. Sudden decrease or loss of hearing has been reported.
Storage of Vilitra 20mg
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after “EXP”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment. In case you need any further help, consult your doctor.