Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg/Dose
What Is Suminat Nasal Spray?
Suminat Nasal Spray is a medicated spray that helps in resolving migraine attacks. It helps in relieving the symptoms of migraine and prevents the condition from getting worse. The drug works by narrowing the blood vessels, consequently relieving pain from migraine headaches.
You can consume Suminat Nasal Spray through the mouth and is prefered to use it without food. It is advised to use it on a daily basis at a regular interval of time. It is very essential to maintain a consistent level of medicine in th human body. Consult with the doctor about the dosage but do not alter on your own.
Do not skip or leave the treatment in between, always follow the prescribed instructions of the doctor. Leaving the treatment in between will not let the pain and the cause of the pain to go completely. The common side effects that are caused by the involves neck pain, a sensation of heaviness, nausea, weakness, jaw pain, throat pain, and paresthesia.
Sometimes Suminat Nasal Spray can change your mood and can make you feel depressed. Therefore, regular monitoring of your moods might be recommended by the doctor. Sometimes, medicine can cause sleepiness and dizziness which can create a problem for you while operating some machinery, such as driving a car. Thus it is recommended not to operate any machine while consuming Suminat Nasal Spray.
What Are The Uses Of Suminat Nasal Spray?
The medicine helps in relieving pain from headache, such as:-
- Acute Migraine Headache: It is a type of headache that causes severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation, generally on one side of the brain. It often results in nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to the light and sound. A migraine headache usually lasts for four to too many hours in a day. The pain can be severe to mild and can interfere with your daily activity. The medicine works by relieving pain that occurs because of the migraine. This gives you relief from pain and acute migraine headache.
Who Manufactures Suminat Nasal Spray?
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures Suminat Nasal Spray. It has a headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra that manufactures and sells pharmaceutical products and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) primarily in both India and the United States.
The company has a manufacturing operation that focuses on manufacturing generics, branded generics, speciality, over the counter(OTC) products, antiretrovirals(ARVs), Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients(APIs), and intermediates in their full range of products. Sun Pharmaceutical has highly skilled employees of regulatory affairs specialists who are well versed with regulatory policies and procedures.
A wide range of regulatory agencies routinely conducts stringent audits of our manufacturing facilities for compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP).
Strengths Of Suminat Nasal Spray
With the term Suminat Nasal Spray, it means Suminat Nasal Spray contains 20 mg of Sumatriptan. This is called the strength of the medicine. This spray is available only in this variant.
Possible Side Effects Of Suminat Nasal Spray
Along with some of the useful effects of the medicine, there is a chance of developing unwanted side effects, and that occurs when you start to consume the drug without following the instructions of the doctor. Some of them may require medical attention to get treated while some get resolved with time.
The common unwanted side effects that may occur while consuming Suminat Nasal Spray are as follows:-
- Pain in the chest
- Heaviness in the chest and neck
- Uncertain heartbeat
- The sensation of burning, warmth, heat, numbness, tightness, or tingling
- Shortness of breathing
- Tingling feelings
- Increase in the heartbeat
- Uncertain heartbeat
- Pain in the neck, jaw, or throat
- Slow heartbeat
Some of the side effects may not require any medical attention as they get resolved on their own with time or the body adapts themselves from with such side effects. These side effects involve:-
- dry mouth
- hot flashes
- lack or loss of strength
- nausea or vomiting
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty while swallowing
- Dryness in the eyes
- Irritation in the eyes
- Heat sensitivity
- Inability to sleep
- Increase in sweating
- Increase in the thirst
- Itching of the skin
- Muscle or joint stiffness, tightness, or rigidity
- Muscle pain or spasms
- ringing or buzzing in the ears
- A sudden, large increase in the frequency or quantity of urine
- trembling of the hands or feet
- An unusual feeling of well-being
- warm or cold sensations
What Are The Medicine That Interact With Suminat Nasal Spray?
There is a total of 70 known drugs that show interactions with Suminat Nasal Spray(Sumatriptan) which are categorised as:-
- 51 drugs show major interaction
- 19 drugs show moderate interactions
But the most common medicines that interact with Suminat Nasal Spray are as follows:-
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Advil (ibuprofen)
- Aleve (naproxen)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Excedrin (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Singulair (montelukast)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zofran (ondansetron)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Suminat Nasal Spray?
There are a total of six diseases that show interaction with the Suminat Nasal Spray, such as:-
- CAD risk factors
- Cardiovascular disease
- Liver disease
- Seizure disorder
How To Consume Suminat Nasal Spray?
Always follow the prescribed instructions of the doctor before consuming the medicine. Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other one. Direct the spray towards the sides of the nostrils, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of the nose.
As you spray, towards the sides of the nostril try to breathe slowly and keep the head upright. You can repeat the same process for the other nostril.
It is recommended to use Suminat Nasal Spray without food, but make sure you take every dose of the medicine at regular interval of time. Avoid consuming the medicine if you are allergic to Sumatriptan.
The medicine helps in resolving pain that occurs as a result of acute migraine headache and gives you relief from the pain the headache that usually occurs on one side of the brain.
Do not alter the dose of the medicine on your own without consulting the doctor. It is a medicine for resolving pain from headache in which any alteration in its dose can either make the medicine less effective or can hamper your health. Thus, always contact the doctor if you have any issues while consuming the medicine.
Precautions While Consuming Suminat Nasal Spray?
While consuming the medicine, it is very important to keep certain things in mind in order to avoid any occurrence of unwanted side effects, such as:-
- Do not consume Suminat Nasal Spray in case you are allergic to Sumatriptan. Tell your doctor about your allergy, he may suggest you some other alternative of the medicine that does not contain this salt composition.
- The medicine is not recommended for people suffering from cardiovascular disease, uncontrolled hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, hemiplegic or Basilar migraine, monoamine oxidase inhibitors(MAOI). If you fall under this condition and planning to have Suminat Nasal Spray consult with the doctor as it can worsen your situation.
- The medicine is not for the use of pregnant women and also those who are planning for breastfeeding their infants. Even if you find it necessary to consume, consult with the doctor first.
- People with high cholesterol should carefully consume medicine as it can increase the risk of cardiovascular side effects.
- Since Suminat Nasal Spray helps in resolving headache and relaxes your brain. Thus, it is advised not to operate any machine while consuming the medicine.
- People with kidney and liver disease should also avoid consuming Suminat Nasal Spray as it increases the risk of severe adverse effects. The doctor may monitor your kidney and liver function regularly during the treatment with Suminat Nasal Spray.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
Overdose symptoms include dizziness, fainting, nausea, headache, and difficulty while breathing. If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Suminat Nasal Spray
Keep Suminat Nasal Spray in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.
Is It Essential To Have A Prescription To Buy Suminat Nasal Spray?
Yes, a legitimate prescription by a certified doctor is important to buy Suminat Nasal Spray or any other drug from For Daily Medicine.