Urimax 0.4 Mg
What Is Urimax 0.4mg?
Urimax 0.4 is a medicine that is used in men to resolve the symptoms of an enlarged prostate(Benign prostatic hyperplasia), like painful urination, difficulty while urinating, frequent urination. The medicine is not recommended in the people who are allergic to Tamsulosin and patients with a risk of erectile dysfunction.
Urimax 0.4mg is a type of alpha-adrenergic antagonist that helps in resolving symptoms related to Benign prostatic hyperplasia. However, it does not reduce the size of the prostate. Try to swallow the entire medicine instead of chewing or crushing. But try to consume the medicine on a regular interval of time. Do not change the dose of the medicine without consulting the doctor.
It is essential to complete the course of medicine. Some common side effects of the medicine include headaches and tiredness. It may also result in blurry vision or dizziness if you drink alcohol along with the medicine. Thus, try to avoid consuming alcohol with Urimax.
Simple changes in your lifestyle will help you to resolve the symptoms in a much better way. Try to avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks at night and a few hours before going to bed or going out. Inform your doctor in case you are taking any other medicines or about your medical history even if you have undergone eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma than tell your doctor about it as well.
Liver or kidney patients need to consume this medicine with extra caution. Such people need to monitor their health regularly and must receive regular follow-ups as per the doctor’s advice.
What Is Urimax 0.4mg Used For?
Urimax 0.4 helps mostly consumed by men for treating:-
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: It is a common condition in men with older age in which the prostate gets enlarged and causes uncomfortable urinary symptoms, such as blocking the flow of urine from coming out from the bladder while urinating. If such conditions are left untreated, it can lead to bladder, urinary tract or kidney problems. It is also called prostate gland enlargement.
Urimax 0.4 helps in treating BPH by reducing the size of the enlarged prostate, causing complications in the urinary system.
Who Manufactures Urimax 0.4 mg?
Cipla Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical that manufactures Urimax 0.4mg since 1935. It has a headquarter in Mumbai, India. Cipla primarily develops medicines to treat medical complications, such as respiratory, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression.
The company has been continually working towards ensuring access to high quality and affordable medicines to help needy patients. It is the reason for the trust of health care professionals and patients across the world for the last 8 decades.
Cipla has been building brick-by-brick on the foundation of care. The only guiding purpose for the company is caring for life. Because of it, the company has now extended our presence to 80+ countries providing over 1,500 products across various therapeutic categories in 50+ dosage forms.
In order to provide affordable healthcare products globally, the company is deepening its presence in the key markets of different countries, such as India, South Africa, the U.S. among other economies of the emerging world.
The company works on a code of conduct that confirms the commitment of being an equal opportunity employer with no discrimination or harassment along with a drug-free workplace.
Strengths Of Urimax 0.4mg
The medicine Urimax 0.4mg is a medicine with a brand name Urimax and strength of 0.4mg. It means one tablet of Urimax 0.4mg contains 0.4mg of Tamsulosin. The medicine is available in various other strengths depending on the severity of the patient, such as:-
- Urimax 0.4mg
- Urimax 0.2mg
- Urimax F Capsules
- Urimax D Capsules
Possible Side Effects Of Urimax 0.4mg
Along with the necessary effects of the medicine, it can cause some other unwanted side effects as well if you start consuming the drug without keeping the prescribed instructions of th doctor in mind. The unwanted side effects are as follows:-
- Cough or hoarseness
- Pain in the lower back or side of the body
- Painful or difficulty while urination
- Pain in the chest
- A feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- Prolonged erection of the penis
- Sensation of spinning
Incidence not known
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Blurred vision
- Difficult or laboured breathing
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Pain in the joint or muscle
- Large, hive-like swelling on the face, hands, legs, feet, or genital organs
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple centre
- Red eyes with irritation
- Sore throat
- The tightness of the chest
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
There are some side effects that do not require medical attention, it usually gets resolved with time and when the treatment ends up. In case you start feeling such symptoms getting a worse consult with the doctor immediately. Such side effects include:-
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Pain in the back
- Body aches or pain
- Lack or loss of strength
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Tender, swollen glands in the neck
- Difficulty while swallowing
- Changes in voice
- Lack of sexual interest
- A decrease in sexual drive
- Unable to maintain an erection
- Increased cough
- Loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- Tooth disorder
- Difficulty while sleeping
Incidence not known
- Hives or welts, skin rash
- Redness of the skin
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Urimax 0.4mg?
There are known 252 drugs that show interaction with Urimax 0.4mg(Tamsulosin), which are classified as follows:-
- 29 drugs show major interactions
- 219 interact moderately
- 4 drugs show minor interactions
Out of all these, there are some of the drugs that show interaction very commonly, such as:-
- Aspir 81 (aspirin)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Viagra (sildenafil)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
What Are The Diseases That Show Interactions With Urimax0.4mg?
There are a total of 4 known diseases that inetract with Urimax 0.4mg, such as:-
- End-stage renal disease
- Severe liver disease
How To Consume Urimax 0.4mg?
Always consult with the doctor before consuming the medicines and follow their instructions. Try to swallow the medicine as a whole without crushing, chewing, or breaking it inside the moth itself. Try consuming the medicine with food, but it is better to take it on the regular interval of time.
Do not overdose with the medicine or skip any dose. Try to complete the full course of the medicine as directed by the doctor. Do not alter the dose or stop your course without consulting the doctor. In case you are allergic to Tamsulosin, consult with your doctor. He may suggest you with some other alternative of the medicine.
Precautions While Consuming Urimax 0.4mg
While consuming Urimax 0.4mg, there are some points that need to be kept in mind in order to avoid unnecessary side effects, such as:-
- In case you are allergic to Tamsulosin, inform your doctor immediately. He may prescribe you with some other alternative of Urimax 0.4mg.
- The medicine is not recommended for women who are expecting to have a baby. Even if you find the need to consume the drug, consult with the doctor first before doing so.
- Urimax 0.4mg is not meant for women who are planning to breastfeed their children. Discuss this with your doctor if you fall under this condition and think of consuming Urimax 0.4 mg.
- The use of Urimax 0.4mg causes vasodilation and low blood pressure(hypotension). Especially orthostatic hypotension or other postural symptoms, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, and palpitations. The doctor may also ask you to go for regular monitoring of blood pressure level during the treatment of the medicine.
- The use of Urimax 0.4 mg increases the risk of intraoperative floppy iris syndrome. People who had a history of glaucoma and cataract surgery should inform the doctor about it before consuming the medicines.
- The drug, Urimax 0.4, causes dizziness or drowsiness. Therefore, avoid operating any machine that requires high mental alertness after consuming Urimax.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include loss of consciousness, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, increased pulse rate, sudden headache, and slurring speech.
In case you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Urimax 0.4mg
Keep Urimax 0.4mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.