Zinetac 150 Mg
What Is Zinetac 150Mg?
Our stomach produces some necessary acids to ease the process of digestion. Sometimes the stomach produces too much of the acid that needs to be reduced else it will cause heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease or peptic ulcer disease. Zinetac 150Mg is a medicine that helps in reducing this excess amount of acid produced by the stomach. The medication also helps in treating and preventing stomach ulcers, reflux diseases, and some other complications.
Sometimes the use of painkillers may also cause stomach ulcers and heartburn, and these complications can be resolved with Zinetac 150. You can take Zinetac 150Mg with or without food. Its dosage and the way to consuming the medicine depends on the reason why you are consuming the drug. Thus, always follow the advice of the doctor for consuming the medicine.
If you properly consume the drug, you will get relief from the heartburn and that too within a few hours. In case you have minor symptoms, you may only need to take it for a short time. But in case you are using Zinetac 150 Mg to prevent ulcers and other complications you may have to use it for an extended period of time. If your condition is severe, you should keep consuming the medicine in order to prevent any further complications.
People suffering from acid reflux, heartburn, or peptic ulcer disease should prefer having small meals at regular intervals of time instead of eating meals. Zinetac 150 is usually considered safe to consume during pregnancy and breastfeeding if the doctor has prescribed it. Avoid consuming alcohol with Zinetac 150Mg as alcohol can increase the amount of acid in your stomach and can make your symptoms worse.
What Is Zinetac 150 Mg Used For?
Zinetac 150 is a medicine that reduces the amount of excess acid present in the stomach and helps some other complications, such as:-
- Heartburn: Heartburn is a burning feeling in your chest, which occurs when the acid present in your stomach travels back towards your throat and mouth(acid reflux). This happens when the muscle present above the stomach relaxes, which allows the stomach content, including acid, to go back into your oesophagus and mouth.
Zinetac 150 Mg comes under the category of H2-receptor antagonists which work by reducing the amount of excess acid the stomach prepares and resolves your pain linked with heartburn and indigestion.
Always consume the medicine as directed by the doctor to make it more effective. In order to heal yourself more efficiently, the doctor may also ask you to change your diet plan. The doctor may ask you to have short meals after every short period of time.
Eat the same amount of diet but divide it in multiple times, do not consume a heavy amount of meal one at a time. Some of the simple lifestyle changes can help you to reduce your complications naturally.
Try to avoid foods that trigger the heartburn; eat smaller but more frequently but do not eat 3-4 hours before going to bed. Try to lose weight if you are overweight; in such complications, you should always try to maintain the standard weight according to your height.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease(Acid reflux): It is a condition in which the muscle present in between the oesophagus and stomach gets so much relaxed and loses that stomach contents present in the stomach move back towards the mouth and oesophagus.
Zinetac 150 falls under the group of H2-receptor antagonists that helps in reducing the amount of acid secreted by the stomach and helps in resolving the pain associated with the heartburn and acid reflux.
Some of the healthy habits will boost your immune system to recover from such complications, try to avoid foods that increase your heartbeat rate.
- Peptic ulcer disease: Stomach ulcers usually occur because of the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs) or by bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori. These two things can easily break the stomach’s defence against the acid and its secrets in order to digest food.
Once the defence lawyer breaks the acids secreted by the stomach comes in contact with the layer and forms ulcer. Zinetac 150 helps in such situations by reducing the amount of acid secreted by the stomach. Some other medication can also be beneficial for treating stomach ulcer as the treatment depends on its cause.
About The Manufacturer Of Zinetac 150Mg
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd is an Indian subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc that manufactures Zinetac 150. It is the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. It is the oldest pharmaceuticals company in India with a portfolio that includes prescription medicines and vaccines.
With the help of Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc, the company played a vital role in the growth of the healthcare industry for almost a century. It has been a leader in India since inception, with a history replete with breakthrough innovations. The company has now set benchmarks in conducting business responsibly, including how we research, develop, sell, and market our products.
As a global corporation, we have a standard Code of Conduct worldwide. The company ethically conducts our business and also engages stakeholders directly to understand and prioritise the issues that are important to them. Their policies on ethics, bribery and corruption cover all our stakeholders.
Strengths Of Zinetac 150 Mg
Zinetac 150 Mg means a medicine with a brand name Zinetac has 150 mg of Ranitidine in its one tablet. Zinetac is available in different strengths so that doctors can prescribe their patients according to the severity. Other strengths of Zinetac are as follows:-
- 75 mg
- 150 mg
- 300 mg
Possible Side Effects Of Zinetac 150
Zinetac(Ranitidine) usually do not cause any side effects, but if you choose to consume it improperly without following the doctor’s instruction, it may lead to some of the side effects, such as:-
Common side effects:
- abdominal pain
- gas (flatulence)
- upper respiratory infection
- acid reflux
Less common side effects:
- bone fracture (osteoporosis-related)
- deficiency of granulocytes in the blood
- loss of appetite
- gastric polyps
- hip fracture
- hair loss
- chronic inflammation of the stomach
- destruction of skeletal muscle
- taste changes
- abnormal dreams
Rare side effects:
- Liver damage
- Inflammation within the kidneys
- Dermatologic disorder, potentially life-threatening (toxic epidermal necrolysis)
Any medicine contains a chemical that may react in any way with anyone, and that depends from individual to individual. However, we have mentioned all the usual side effects that have been reported until now.
What Are The Medicines That React With Zinetac 150 Mg?
There are a total of 131 medicines that react with Zinetac(Ranitidine), but the most frequent ones are as follows:-
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Protonix (pantoprazole)
- Singulair (montelukast)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Zinetac 150Mg?
Three diseases interact with Zinetac 150, such as:-
- GI bleeding
- Liver disease
- Renal dysfunction
How To Consume Zinetac 150 Mg?
Always consume Zinetac 150 as directed by the doctor. Do maintain the dose and duration of taking the medicines. It would be best if you swallowed Zinetac 150mg entirely with a glass of water without crushing, chewing, or breaking it. You can consume Zinetac with or without the food, but its always good to take Zinetac 150mg at a regular interval of time.
Consult with the doctor in case you face any undesirable side effects. Make sure that the course of the medicine is completed in order to treat the complication completely.
Precautions While Consuming Zinetac 150Mg
Here are some of the points that you should remember while consuming the drug, such as:-
- If you are allergic to Zinetac(Ranitidine), do tell this about the doctor.
- People suffering from porphyria, a type of disorder that is caused by the buildups of porphyrin in the body should not consume Zinetac 150Mg.
- Women who are expecting to have a baby or in case of breastfeeding should not consume Zinetac, but in case you really need the medicine consult with the doctor.
- People suffering from pneumonia should avoid consuming Zinetac as it may increase the risk of developing pneumonia symptoms, such as pain in the chest, fever, difficulty while breathing, etc.
- People suffering from chronic heartburn or continuous heartburn should consult with the doctor first before consuming the medicine. The doctor may suggest some other alternative of Zinetac or some other medicines according to the severity of the patient.
- Long term consumption of the Zinetac 150 may decrease the level of VitaminB12 in your body. Thus, people with Vitamin B12 deficiency should talk to the doctor first before consuming Zinetac 150Mg.
- The consumption of Nicotine while consuming Zinetac 150 is not recommended as it increases the risk of severe adverse effects.
- Zinetac is not recommended in case of gastrointestinal bleeding as it may worsen the condition of the patient. Consult with the doctor in this case, and he might suggest you with some other alternative of the medicine according to the condition of the patient.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include loss of consciousness, cold-clammy skin, confusion, disorientation, increased pulse rate, sudden headache, severe heartburn, and slurring speech.
If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Zinetac 150 Mg
Keep Zinetac 150 in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.