Azax 250 Mg
What is Azax 250 Mg?
Azax 250mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine that helps in the treatment of bacterial infections, such as acne, urinary tract infections, intestinal infections, respiratory infections, eye infections, gum disease, acne in your body. Azithromycin is the generic name of Azax with a strength of 250mg.
Ranbaxy Laboratories(Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.) manufactures Azax(Azithromycin) 250mg. It helps in the treatment of certain medical complications related to lungs, urinary tract, eyes, and others. It cures bacteria, which helps to improve your symptoms and cure the infection.
Azax 250mg also treats many sexually transmitted diseases and a skin condition known as acne. Consume the medicine either 1 before the meal or 2 hours after your meal. You need to consume the drug regularly at evenly spaced intervals according to the prescription of the doctor.
Azax 250mg dose depends on the treatment. Remember always to complete the full course of this antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip or leave the treatment in between if you want to feel better. In case you stop consuming the drug in between some bacteria may survive, and the infection may come back.
Common side effects have been noticed with the use of this medicine, such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhoea. These side effects are usually temporary and subside with the completion of treatment. Inform the doctor in case you find these side effects last for long or even after the end of the treatment.
Share your medical history with the doctor, especially in case you have an allergy to any antibiotic before taking this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women need to consult the doctor before consuming it. It may result in blurry vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Avoid driving if you experience these symptoms.
What is Azax 250 Mg used for?
Azax 250mg helps in the treatment of many different bacterial infections, such as acne, urinary tract infections, intestinal infections, respiratory infections, eye infections, gum disease, acne.
Bacterial infections that occur due to bacteria(a kind of microorganisms that consists of only one cell). They can survive in any environment, such as extreme hot and cold conditions. Millions of bacteria are present around us, including our body and inside it.
Bacteria are both harmful and useful to humans. Only a few bacteria cause harm. Many of them are beneficial, such as those that are involved in immunity, digestion, and production of antibiotics and food products.
Azax(Azithromycin) helps in the treatment of many different bacterial infections, such as acne, urinary tract infections, intestinal infections, respiratory infections, eye infections, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, periodontitis, etc.
Azax(Azithromycin) also treats blemishes, bumps, and acne-like lesions caused by rosacea. It may be unable to treat facial redness due to rosacea.
Consume the medicine either 1 hour before or 2 hours after the meal. You should consume it regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor.
About the manufacturers of Azax 250 Mg
Ranbaxy Laboratories, an Indian pharmaceutical company, manufactures Eriacta 100 Mg. It was incorporated in India from 1961 and remained an entity until 2014. Ranbir Singh and Gurbax Singh started the company in 1937 as a distributor for the Japanese company, Shionogi. The company ownership changed twice over the period of time.
A Japanese pharmaceutical company, Daiichi Sankyo, acquired the controlling share of Ranbaxy in the year 2008. Secondly, Sun Pharma bought 100% of the company all-stock deal in the year 2014. Sun Pharma is the world’s fifth-largest generic pharmaceutical company.
Sun Pharma began with five psychiatry products and a two-person marketing team in the year 1983. Its vision is ‘Reaching People and Touching Lives Globally as a Leading Provider of Valued Medicines.’ The company believes in Sunology- a combination of two words, Sun and Ideology are at the core of the Sun. Humanity, Integrity, Passion, and Innovation together helps in the formation of Sunology.
Strengths of Azax 250 Mg
Here the strength of Azax is 250 mg. Consumption of this medicine helps in treating bacterial infection. Bacterial infections that occur due to bacteria( a kind of microorganisms that consists of only one cell).
Azax is available in various strengths, such as:-
- 500 mg
- 250 mg
Possible side-effects of Azax 250 Mg
Along with its beneficial effects, Azax(Azithromycin) may also result in some severe side effects. In fact, not all of these side effects may occur, but few may need medical attention.
Immediately tell your doctor in case you face any of the following side effects occur while taking it.
Incidence not known
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- clay-coloured stools
- dark urine
- inflammation of the joints
- joint or muscle pain
- massive, hive-like swelling of the body parts, such as face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- loss of appetite
- decreased appetite
- pain in the body parts, such as stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- diarrhoea, watery and severe, which may also be bloody
- difficulty with swallowing
- hives, itching, puffiness or swelling of the body parts, such as eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- hives or welts, itching, or rash
- increase in thirst
- red skin lesions, often with a purple centre
- redness and soreness of the eyes
- redness of the skin
- severe stomach pain
- sore throat
- sores, ulcers
- fast heartbeat
- feeling of discomfort
- white spots in the mouth/lips
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- unusual weight loss
- stomach cramps
- Pain in the stomach or tenderness
- yellow eyes or skin
Some side effects of Azithromycin may not need medical attention and can go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Additionally, consult your doctor about it or if any of the following side effects last for a long period of time.
- Back, leg, or stomach pains
- bleeding gums
- Trouble in differentiating colours, especially blue or yellow
- chest pain, discomfort, or burning
- cracks in the skin
- blood in the urine or stools
- blurred vision
- bulging soft spot on the head
- decrease in vision
- difficulty breathing
- discolouration of the thyroid glands
- double vision
- general body swelling
- burning sensation in the heart
- increased insensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- heat loss from the body
- pain in the lower back
- pain or burning sensation in the throat
- pain with swallowing
- painful or difficult urination
- pale colour of the skin
- pinpoint red spots may occur on the skin
- rash with flat lesions on the skin
- red, swollen of the skin
- redness or other discolouration of the skin
- redness, swelling, or soreness of the tongue
- scaly skin
- severe nausea
- severe sunburn
- tooth discolouration
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- vomiting blood
What are the medicines that interact with Azax 250 Mg?
Here is a list of medications that show interactions with Azax 250 Mg, such as:-
- Accutane (isotretinoin)
- Advil (ibuprofen)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Singulair (montelukast)
- Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vitamins (multivitamin)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zantac (ranitidine)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What are the diseases that interact with Azax 250 Mg?
Some of the diseases show interaction with Azax(Azithromycin)250mg are:-
- esophageal irritation
How to consume Azax 250 Mg?
Consume the drug in the dose and duration according to the doctor’s instructions. Swallow it as a whole but do not chew, crush or break it.
Consume Azax 250mg Tablet with an empty stomach. Do not take dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream with Azax 250mg Tablet.
Precautions while consuming Azax 250 Mg
- You should not consume Azax 250mg in case you are allergic to Azithromycin or other tetracycline antibiotics. It also includes drugs, such as demeclocycline, minocycline, tetracycline, or tigecycline.
- To make sure Azax(Azithromycin) is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have a history of:
- kidney disease;
- liver disease;
- asthma or sulfite allergy;
- increase in pressure inside your skull; or
- Stop consuming the medicine in case you take isotretinoin, seizure medicine, or a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).
- In case you are consuming Azax(Azithromycin) for the treatment of chlamydia, the doctor may ask you to test for gonorrhoea, another sexually transmitted disease.
- Consuming this drug during pregnancy may affect tooth and bone development in the unborn baby. Taking Azax(Azithromycin) during the last half of pregnancy can result in permanent tooth discolouration. Inform the doctor in case you become pregnant or you might be expecting a baby while using the medicine.
- Azax(Azithromycin) 250mg can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) in order to prevent pregnancy.
- Azax(Azithromycin)250mg can pass into breast milk and can affect the development of the bone and tooth in a nursing infant. The extent of absorption is unknown. Therefore, do not breastfeed while you are consuming the medicine.
- This medicine is not for the use of children. Azax(Azithromycin) may result in permanent yellowing or greying of the teeth in children younger than 8 years old.
- Children suffering from medical conditions, such as anthrax or Rocky Mountain spotted fever should not consume the medicine.
What to do in case of an overdose of the medicine?
If a person is experiencing severe symptoms of overdose, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination or trouble breathing while using Azax(Azithromycin) 250mg, call 911. The citizens of the United States can call their local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Azax(Azithromycin) 250mg
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃, and away from the light and moisture. Keep the medicine away from the children and do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.