Metolar 50 Mg
What Is Metolar 50 Mg?
Metolar 50 mg Tablet belongs to a beta-blocker class of medicine that lowers the cholesterol level reducing the risk of heart disease, prevents migraine, decreases anxiety, and portal hypertension. Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is developed in the blood vessels and causes the narrowing of the nerves that consequently lead to a heart attack or stroke.
Metolar is one of the widely prescribed medicines, which is also recommended safe to use, even for an extended period of time. It is necessary to consume medicine with food. It is also essential to take it at a regular interval of time.
In most of the cases, Metolar 50 is recommended to consume for a longer period of time because the cholesterol level increases unknowingly. This medicine does not let the cholesterol increase in your blood and prevents the risk of high blood pressure, and some types of abnormal heartbeat(arrhythmia).
While consuming this medicine, it is essential to check your cholesterol level regularly. Remember, this medicine is always a part of the treatment, which also includes a healthy diet, regular exercise, and avoids consuming too much alcohol and smoking.
What Is Metolar 50 Mg Used For?
The medicine helps in the treatment of following medical complications, such as:-
- Heart Attack Prevention: Metolar 50 prevents the development of cholesterol level in the body. This action of the medicine is a beneficial effect. Cholesterol deposition in the blood vessel can resist the flow of blood through the vessels. This will automatically create a problem in circulating blood and can increase pressure on the heart. In case, such conditions are left untreated, the pressure on the heart will continue to increase and can further lead to heart failure or any other heart disease.
- Arrhythmia: It is a condition in which the rhythm of the heartbeat gets disturbed, and the heart can start to beat fast or slow or with an irregular heartbeat. When the heart starts to beat too fast, it is called tachycardia, and when the heart rate becomes slow, it is called bradycardia.
- Hypertension: It is a condition in which the flow of blood increases in the blood vessels creating pressure on the walls of the vessels. This resists the flow of blood through the blood vessels and increases pressure on the heart for pumping blood. Metolar smoothens the blood vessels, which reduces the resistance to the flow of blood and consequently show a drop in the blood pressure.
- Prevents Angina: It is a condition that occurs because of the lack of sufficient blood flow to the heart. This lack of blood supply happens when the flow of blood starts to experience resistance. Metolar reduces this resistance and lets the blood flow to the heart.
- Prevents Migraine: Migraine is a type of headache of the various intensity often accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Sometimes headache occurs because of insufficient flow of oxygenated blood through the nerves of the brain. Metolar helps the blood to flow smoothly to the nervous system and reduces the risk of migraine.
About The Manufacturers Of Metolar 50 Mg
Cipla Limited has manufactured Tadacip 20 since 1935. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company. It has a headquarter in Mumbai, India. Cipla primarily develops medicines to treat medical complications, such as respiratory, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression.
The company has been continually working towards ensuring access to high quality and affordable medicines to help needy patients. It is the reason for the trust of health care professionals and patients across the world for the last eight decades.
Cipla has been building brick-by-brick on the foundation of care. The only guiding purpose for the company is caring for life. Because of it, the company has now extended our presence to 80+ countries manufacturing more than 1,500 products across various therapeutic categories.
In order to provide affordable healthcare products globally, the company is deepening its presence in the key markets of different countries, such as India, South Africa, the U.S. among other economies of the emerging world.
Cipla follows a code of conduct that confirms the commitment of being an equal opportunity employer with no discrimination or harassment along with a drug-free workplace.
Strengths of Metolar 50 Mg
The strength of the Metolar 50 mg means the medicine contains 50 Mg of Metoprolol Tartrate in one tablet. This 50 Mg is called the strength of the medicine. Metolar is available in different strengths for different cases of high cholesterol, such as:-
- Metolar 25mg
- Metolar 50 Mg
Possible Side-Effects Of Metolar 50 Mg
Along with the needed effects, the drug may also show some of the side effects only if you don’t consume it as directed or in an incorrect way, such as:-
- Blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- You may sweat
- uncertain tiredness or weakness
- A decrease in urination
- difficult or laboured breathing
- difficulty with speaking
- dilated neck veins
- disturbed colour perception
- extreme tiredness or weakness
- irregular racing heartbeat or pulse
- halos around lights
- unable to move the arms, legs, or facial muscles
- Difficulty while speaking
- irregular breathing
- loss of vision
- night blindness
- noisy breathing
- the overbright appearance of lights
- pain, tension, and weakness while walking
- paleness or cold feeling in the fingertips and toes
- rapid gain in weight
- seeing, hearing, or feeling unusual things
- Temporary memory loss
- slow speech
- tight chest
- tingling of the hands or feet
- Pain in the fingers or toes especially when exposed to cold temperatures
- troubled breathing
- tunnel vision
- unusual weight gain or loss
- Bluish colour of the skin of the fingers or toes
- clay-coloured stools
- the continuing loss of appetite
- continuous severe abdominal or stomach pain
- continuously feeling severe nausea and vomiting
- dark urine
- difficulty while moving
- general tiredness and weakness
- increased frequency of urination
- itching skin
- light-coloured stools
- Pain in lower back or side of the body
- muscle pain or stiffness
- numbness of the fingers or toes
- Joint pain, swelling, or redness
- Sore throat
- unusual breath and odour
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- upper right abdominal or stomach pain
- vomiting of blood
- yellow eyes and skin
- Black, tarry stools
- bleeding in the gums
- blood while urinating
- cool or sweaty skin
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
What Are The Medicines That Interact With Metolar 50 Mg?
There are a total of 475 drugs that interact with some drugs that show interactions with Metolar 50 Mg, such as:-
- Aleve (naproxen)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- potassium chloride
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Viagra (sildenafil)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zantac (ranitidine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Metolar 50 Mg?
19 diseases show some severe intersection with medicine, such as:-
- bradyarrhythmia/AV block
- cardiogenic shock/hypotension
- ischemic heart disease
- liver disease
- cerebrovascular insufficiency
- hyperthyroidism PKs
- myasthenia gravis
How To Consume Metolar 50 Mg?
Go through the description(guide) provided by the medicine or if provided by your doctor before you start consuming the drug, and each time you refill it. In case you have any further questions, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Take the medication orally as directed by your doctor, along with food. But generally, the drug is consumed at regular intervals.
The dose of the medicine is based on the medical complication, age, and response to treatment. For children, the dose is set according to their weight. Older people usually start with a lower dose in order to reduce the risk of severe side effects. Do not increase your dose or consume more than directed.
Consume Metolar 50 Mg regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To remember easily, consume it at the same time(s) of the day as directed. It is essential to continue consuming the drug even if you feel well. Many people who have a high level of cholesterol do not feel sick.
Sucralfate, cholestyramine, and colestipol may decrease the absorption of furosemide. In case you are taking any of these drugs, separate the timing of each dose from furosemide by at least 2 hours.
Inform the doctor in case your condition does not improve or if it worsens, such as the blood pressure readings remain high or increase.
Precautions While Consuming Metolar 50 Mg
In order to avoid any side effects, it is better to consume the medicine with some precautions, keeping some points in mind, such as:-
- Do not consume the medicine if you are allergic to Metoprolol Tartrate. Please consult with the doctor. He might give you some other alternative to the drug.
- Metolar 50 is not recommended for use if you are expecting a baby or breast-feeding.
- The medicine may result in loss of memory, forgetfulness, confusion, etc. Cognitive impairment is one of the side effects that can be reversed and usually disappears once the medication is discontinued.
- Metolar 50 Mg may alter the level of sugar in your blood, especially in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus. Close monitoring of the blood sugar level regularly is very necessary while consuming Metolar 50.
- Do not change or alter the dose of the medicine on your own; it can be dangerous.
- You should not use this medicine for treating asthma, uneven heart pain, or any serious heart complications.
- Metolar 50 mg if consumed improperly can result in muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in few people, and this can be fatal. They may start experiencing symptoms, such as severe tiredness and weakness. Such risks are common in older adults. In case you find any unusual symptoms, report to the doctor immediately.
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Metolar 50, as it may cause muscle breakdown, kidney or liver injury. Hence, do not consume alcohol with Metolar 50 Mg.
- The medicine is not for children younger than six years as no study has approved it.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
The signs and symptoms of an overdose of the medicine may include hypertension or hypotension, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and can also be fatal.
If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help. The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Metolar 50 Mg
Keep Metolar 50 Mg in a closed container at room temperature away from the heat, moisture, sunlight, and children. In case you need any further help, consult your healthcare professional.
Is it essential to have a prescription to buy Metolar 50 Mg?
Yes, a legitimate prescription by a certified doctor is essential to buy Metolar 50 Mg or any other drug from For Daily Medicine.